CM10 on my EvoLTE

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I posted this in another thread a day or two ago but I thought I might as well put it up in a more easily readable area as well. I've been running deck's 8-20 build of CM10 on my Evo since I filmed that and I'm pretty impressed. It really is ready to be used as a daily, everything works, the only thing that's still a bit messed up is the camera which is a bit laggier than on Sense ROMs. I'll be doing a followup video to this first one this weekend, so if anyone has any questions or something you'd like to see in the video, let me know!

CM10 ROM (Jelly Bean) Running On The Evo 4G LTE - YouTube

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
How easy is it to brick the phone? I really want to do it but I ruined my EVO 4G so I promised myself I wouldn't do it again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
HDR is one of the "Camera Scenes" options and is incredibly useful. If CM10 doesn't include HDR it is a total deal breaker for me. The camera on this phone exceeds all my expectations.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
HDR is one of the "Camera Scenes" options and is incredibly useful. If CM10 doesn't include HDR it is a total deal breaker for me. The camera on this phone exceeds all my expectations.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

There are a crapton (technical term) of "scenes" in the JB camera (more than Sense), but no HDR setting. There are manual controls for just about everything else: iso, white balance, exposure, etc, plus plenty of filters.
All that said the stock JB camera software lags behind Sense: no burst mode, shutter is not quite as fast, etc. A lot of people keep a Sense ROM in backup and switch over when they know they are going to need the camera for important shots, then switch back when done.
Keep in mind that this is still very much a "development" ROM, and while everything "works," there are things that are not yet fully optimized. Even with all that, going back to Sense is painful after having run this for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
HDR = High Dynamic Range. The camera takes 3 instantaneous shots at 3 different exposures and then combines them to give you closer to the range of light to dark that the human eye sees. As you can see from the images in my previous post, HDR images can be dramatically better.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

Last edited:
Reactions: kaablewy

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
With the camera turned on, tap "A" and choose "HDR".

Experiment. Some lighting situations benefit enormously and some hardly at all. Sometimes landscapes in full sun look better without HDR. I see the most dramatic results indoors with normal lighting and flash turned off.

HDR must be reactivated for every camera session. It turns off when you turn the camera off.

I just now made two images of the coffee table in front of my chair. The first image is without HDR and the second image with HDR turned on.
47385b51-9b1c-8b55.jpg

47385b51-9b35-efb9.jpg

HTC EVO 4G LTE

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay i have to admit, i haven't done much but point and shoot with my camera so far. I mostly use it when my daughter dont have her digital with her.

Now i have to say wow, what a huge difference. Today near me its overcast and the HDR setting takes the bland and makes it truly outstanding.

I hope Deck gets the camera fully functional on CM 10 because i love aosp but i dont want to sacrifice function for it

On a side note: I never took the ota update due to root. When i install CM10 will that stop the pesky notification light from always blinking. Blinked from the day i bought it

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes it would. Along with links to all the needed files. I've been trying to find info on CM10 for the EVO LTE for the past weeks and have yet to find anything.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles