Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65
Like Tree15Likes
  1. #26  

    Default

    I wish it was built into the actual plan itself instead of being seperate. You notice if u do get a discount each month that the discount comes off your base rate plan of 69.99 and is only on one line now. No discount on the actual total shared plan nor a discount off the premium data charge either. It's ok though I'm happy with what I have and service is good where I am.

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    No its not. The $10 premium fee Sprint instatuted was justified for 4g speeds. 3g is considered basic data service.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Sorry to tell you but you're wrong, NinjaMom is right, it has nothing to do with 4G, it's for unlimited smartphone data...
    Thanked by:
    Topgonzo likes this.
  3. #28  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyDawgBoston View Post
    I got out of my contract. I was promised 4G Wimax 2 years ago and never got it. I went to the Evo Lte and service was awful and would get texts 2 days later. Data would never work.

    I was paying the premium data fee for 2 years and never recieved it.

    I was reimbursed 26 months of $10 per month and they let me get out of my contract.
    [...]
    Remember, if your paying for a service and your not recieving it, you can get out of contract. I dont care what anyone says. If you have a Lte phone and paying for premium data and do not recieve lte, you can get out. You do not have to pay for something that you are not recieving.
    Sorry, but what you posted is wrong. The "premium data fee" has nothing to do with 4G. It is a smartphone charge and was never represented as anything else by Sprint. Paying the fee does not guarantee you any access to 4G whatsoever and is not a valid argument for breaking a contract. Sprint also made no promises, whatsoever, about which areas would or would not have WiMax.

    This has been beaten to death by numerous other postings already, of course.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    I understand completely what the 10 dollar fee is all about and have no issue with that, but it is a fact that the idiots at the Sprint store I go to told me straight up that the fee was for the 4G service....I know they lied(were mistaken) but I think that's why so many people think that's the reason for the fee rather than the increased amount of data these phone use.
  5. #30  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech View Post
    I understand completely what the 10 dollar fee is all about and have no issue with that, but it is a fact that the idiots at the Sprint store I go to told me straight up that the fee was for the 4G service....I know they lied(were mistaken) but I think that's why so many people think that's the reason for the fee rather than the increased amount of data these phone use.
    I agree. I think there was a LOT of misinformation spread by clueless store sales people that had no idea what they were talking about. We see that a lot with misrepresenting phone features, coverage areas, and data speeds.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  6. #31  

    Default

    You should be able to sell your Evo for more than the ETF and whatever is left softens the loss of the purchase price. Just an idea and something I did when I moved from TMo to Verizon. In my case the S2 was free and I sold it 6 months later for $250 which was exactly what the ETF was.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Some users are making me facepalm hard. The $10 fee is for premium data, subpar dial up speeds is not premium data. I don't care what bologna you try say, but there's no excuse for Sprint to be charging it, and yet hardly anyone is benefiting from it unless you live in a good coverage zone. Pretty uncommon thing. Unlimited data sucks if you can't use it. Sprint has the nerve to say tmobile throttles when you go over, but they don't talk about their slow as molasses speed.

    You can stick up for Sprint, but it's bullcrap to agree that Sprints premium data fee is justified.
  8. #33  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    Some users are making me facepalm hard. The $10 fee is for premium data, subpar dial up speeds is not premium data. I don't care what bologna you try say, but there's no excuse for Sprint to be charging it, and yet hardly anyone is benefiting from it unless you live in a good coverage zone. Pretty uncommon thing. Unlimited data sucks if you can't use it. Sprint has the nerve to say tmobile throttles when you go over, but they don't talk about their slow as molasses speed.

    You can stick up for Sprint, but it's bullcrap to agree that Sprints premium data fee is justified.
    Has nothing to do with "agreeing" with it or not, nor is it "sticking up for Sprint" when stating the facts of what the fee is: The fee is a smartphone fee, it has nothing to do with data speeds or coverage.

    Are there areas with slow Sprint 3G speeds? Oh yes. And I am in one of those areas, and it is not fun. Speeds have been dropping for years and sometimes (many times) it is painful. And based on many postings, it sounds like there are LOTS of such areas.

    Are there areas with fast Sprint speeds? Oh yes. Areas with WiMax, areas with LTE, and areas with actually fast 3G. I wish I were in one of them.

    My choice is the same as yours and any other Sprint customer- stay with Sprint and tolerate it, hoping it might get better, or leave for another [more expensive] carrier. It sounds like you should probably leave for another carrier. Of course, then you will be on another forum complaining about your capped data, or throttled speeds, or overpriced plans and how unfair they are. Mobile data/phones/carriers in the USA do generally suck- they are all priced too high, overly controlling, anti-free with contracts, and greedy.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    crzycrkr likes this.
  9. #34  

    Default

    No wonder Sprint customer service sucks, if i had to deal with whining babies all day long, I would hate my job too.
    Thanked by:
    crzycrkr likes this.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    No wonder Sprint customer service sucks, if i had to deal with whining babies all day long, I would hate my job too.
    Oh yes, I guess Sprint service must be absolutely wonderful. Let me go outside and surf the web on my .05 Mbps speed. Nothing to complain about there. </sarcasm>

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Has nothing to do with "agreeing" with it or not, nor is it "sticking up for Sprint" when stating the facts of what the fee is: The fee is a smartphone fee, it has nothing to do with data speeds or coverage.

    Are there areas with slow Sprint 3G speeds? Oh yes. And I am in one of those areas, and it is not fun. Speeds have been dropping for years and sometimes (many times) it is painful. And based on many postings, it sounds like there are LOTS of such areas.

    Are there areas with fast Sprint speeds? Oh yes. Areas with WiMax, areas with LTE, and areas with actually fast 3G. I wish I were in one of them.

    My choice is the same as yours and any other Sprint customer- stay with Sprint and tolerate it, hoping it might get better, or leave for another [more expensive] carrier. It sounds like you should probably leave for another carrier. Of course, then you will be on another forum complaining about your capped data, or throttled speeds, or overpriced plans and how unfair they are. Mobile data/phones/carriers in the USA do generally suck- they are all priced too high, overly controlling, anti-free with contracts, and greedy.
    If it was called a data fee, I would agree. But it is called a "premium" data fee. It doesn't help that Sprint also targeted ads towards T-Mobile for throttling when their own speeds are so **** poor. You may not think it matters, but it does matter.

    I agree on both points. There are areas with good and bad speeds. WiMAX has decent speeds, but the penetration indoors is terrible and it doesn't cover everyone. I fault Sprint on that one for going with such a ridiculous technology in a gamble to be the first in 4G market. Ironically, they're the last to adapt since both AT&T and Verizon have LTE while T-Mobile has HSPA+ along with AT&T.

    As for mobile plans pricing, yes it sucks. But do you honestly think Sprint's pricing is any better? I mean with Verizon at least you get superior coverage. T-Mobile's about to go back to unlimited data plus their plans are the cheapest especially if BYODP.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    No its not. The $10 premium fee Sprint instatuted was justified for 4g speeds. 3g is considered basic data service.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    yes and no. they started this $10 "premium data" nonsense with the EVO 4g for the increased data quality and speeds associated with the device. it was a requirement - even if you had unlimited data.

    however they never ever claimed it was for 4g although they sure as hell heavily implied it and LOTS of people were confused. and you're kidding yourself if you think those 2 facts are a coincidence.

    i connected to 4g maybe 10 times for a grant total of about 20 minutes combined when I had my EVO 4g... it was just a novelty. but whatever - i figured it would kill the battery and eventually everything would progress.

    but now i'm sitting in a no lte area for the forceable future and still paying $10 a month and what not the data speeds are FAR slower than they were with my EVO OG... wtf?

    I have been a happy sprint customer - and i love the unlimited plan (data and txt) but there is no way Sprint is the cheapest... i love the HTC phone - but i am getting increasingly frustrated with Sprint.
  12. #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    Oh yes, I guess Sprint service must be absolutely wonderful. Let me go outside and surf the web on my .05 Mbps speed. Nothing to complain about there. </sarcasm>
    I know you said "sarcasm", but what was that data speed the last time your contract was up? My guess is you resigned for another two years to get your EVO 4G LTE. There where plans in place to roll out LTE, but no promises. You knew what your 3G speeds were when you signed. If you want to complain about something now, your only avenue is to complain about the decision you made.

    And no I'm not sprint apologist. I'm in an area that most likely won't see LTE until the very end, in fact I'll probably be onto a new phone by the time we get it, so yeah I understand slow 3G speeds...
    Thanked by:
  13. #38  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    As for mobile plans pricing, yes it sucks. But do you honestly think Sprint's pricing is any better?
    Oh yes. It is considerably lower pricing.

    I mean with Verizon at least you get superior coverage.
    That is true, and much better data speeds. And you pay for it dearly. It is worth noting that Sprint's voice coverage and 1RTT data (super-slow data) coverage is pretty much identical to Verizon's, because they share each other's towers for roaming.

    T-Mobile's about to go back to unlimited data plus their plans are the cheapest especially if BYODP.
    I have worked it many ways and can't get T-Mobile to come out cheaper (when you buy a device; and especially due to lack of discounts). And T-Mobile's coverage is the worst of the big four (although it is really decent in my area).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Oh yes. It is considerably lower pricing.
    No it isn't. The only value it adds is texting, but not everyone uses texting. Plus that's without discounts and the Sprint taxes and tax.

    That is true, and much better data speeds. And you pay for it dearly. It is worth noting that Sprint's voice coverage and 1RTT data (super-slow data) coverage is pretty much identical to Verizon's, because they share each other's towers for roaming.
    I agree, Verizon's new Share Everything plans are ridiculously overpriced for Single Line plans. Sprint's voice coverage apparently isn't that great since people are still having problems with dropped calls.

    I have worked it many ways and can't get T-Mobile to come out cheaper (when you buy a device; and especially due to lack of discounts). And T-Mobile's coverage is the worst of the big four (although it is really decent in my area).
    T-mobile's coverage has been improving, but it is still a work in progress. But look at their plans. The same plan on Sprint would be about $85-$90 while on T-Mobile it'll be about $65-$75. That's just on base. T-Mobile has very flexible pricing and to think otherwise would be silly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I know you said "sarcasm", but what was that data speed the last time your contract was up? My guess is you resigned for another two years to get your EVO 4G LTE. There where plans in place to roll out LTE, but no promises. You knew what your 3G speeds were when you signed. If you want to complain about something now, your only avenue is to complain about the decision you made.
    Nope. I didn't resign myself to another two years for my Evo 4G LTE. I got it off contract. Were you that desperate that you resulted to assuming things? Even if I did, my only options for a smartphone to keep for two years are limited to the Epic Touch 4G, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, the iPhone, and the Evo 4G LTE. Not much of a choice there.

    And no I'm not sprint apologist. I'm in an area that most likely won't see LTE until the very end, in fact I'll probably be onto a new phone by the time we get it, so yeah I understand slow 3G speeds...
    Getting LTE isn't as important to me as getting good data speeds after paying for "premium" data.
  15. #40  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default

    I pay under $200 for 4 lines unlimited everything. No other company could touch that. Honestly, its even worse complaining about service while off contract. Why continue to pay for it if you don't like the service? Move on so you can stop complaining about it.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  16. #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    Nope. I didn't resign myself to another two years for my Evo 4G LTE. I got it off contract. Were you that desperate that you resulted to assuming things?
    Hmm, did you happen to see the title of the thread you are commenting on? What assumption would you make?
    Thanked by:
  17. #42  

    Default

    I saw the title of the thread, but how does that stop me from commenting? I'm still under a contract regardless.

    Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    I pay under $200 for 4 lines unlimited everything. No other company could touch that. Honestly, its even worse complaining about service while off contract. Why continue to pay for it if you don't like the service? Move on so you can stop complaining about it.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    I'm ON contract. Why shouldn't people complain? People are paying money for service that Sprint needs to desperately improve on. But of course Sprint purists will defend them because of unlimited data.
  18. #43  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    I saw the title of the thread, but how does that stop me from commenting? I'm still under a contract regardless.



    I'm ON contract. Why shouldn't people complain? People are paying money for service that Sprint needs to desperately improve on. But of course Sprint purists will defend them because of unlimited data.
    I'm not a "Sprint purist" I just get good service, and have everywhere I have traveled in the country. If you're on contract then Mikey's question remains, how was your service the last time you signed? Sprint IS improving their service. My point is, why complain about a service you willingly pay for? You might as well be pissing in the wind. Break your contract and move on if you think its that bad

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  19. #44  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    I saw the title of the thread, but how does that stop me from commenting? I'm still under a contract regardless.
    In no way would it stop you, nor would I ever suggest anyone stop posting. You were calling me "desperate" for assuming you were trying to get out if your contract and I was merely pointing out this thread is about trying to get out of a contract. It is merely a very safe assumption, not a "desperate" one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    I'm ON contract. Why shouldn't people complain? People are paying money for service that Sprint needs to desperately improve on. But of course Sprint purists will defend them because of unlimited data.
    Again, same as above, you can complain all you want! I just find this akin to people who bought a house near train tracks or an airport and now complain about the noise. If the service is truly that terrible you can pay an ETF, try to get the ETF waived, or wait until your contract is up.

    I'm not saying you did, but I find it amazing how many people have upgraded to this phone knowing LTE in their area is not a sure thing anytime soon, and then start complaining about 3G speeds.
    Thanked by:
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    I saw the title of the thread, but how does that stop me from commenting? I'm still under a contract regardless.



    I'm ON contract. Why shouldn't people complain? People are paying money for service that Sprint needs to desperately improve on. But of course Sprint purists will defend them because of unlimited data.
    How do you get 4lines for less than $200?
  21. #46  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomasr1950 View Post
    How do you get 4lines for less than $200?
    Not sure, got it 2 years ago with a employer discount. I think it is actually the 1500 unlimited plan

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    I called Sprint and asked them to explain what premium data is. She stated it was unlimited fast 3g, 4g wimax, and lte.

    I got neither and my phone was always roaming. Sprint couldn't provide, so they let me out of my 2 month contract... plain and simple. They were nice about it.

    I went to AT&T with the GS3 and the speeds are phenomenal and haven't had a problem in 2 months.

    I might pay a tad more for data service, but I am happy and not frustrated anymore. No more embarrassment. Best choice ever.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    I'm not a "Sprint purist" I just get good service, and have everywhere I have traveled in the country. If you're on contract then Mikey's question remains, how was your service the last time you signed? Sprint IS improving their service. My point is, why complain about a service you willingly pay for? You might as well be pissing in the wind. Break your contract and move on if you think its that bad

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    My service was great when I signed on them last time. I hardly ever had a problem with data connecting and staying connected. I complain because A. I'm under contract and B. because I feel cheated. It's not my fault Sprint made stupid decisions in the beginning in a rush to be the first 4G provider in the US and for not keeping their network upgraded. I shouldn't have to break my contract and pay Sprint a fee because of service I am not getting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    In no way would it stop you, nor would I ever suggest anyone stop posting. You were calling me "desperate" for assuming you were trying to get out if your contract and I was merely pointing out this thread is about trying to get out of a contract. It is merely a very safe assumption, not a "desperate" one.
    I thought you were assuming I just signed a contract with Sprint for an LTE phone in an area without LTE. That wasn't true at all.


    Again, same as above, you can complain all you want! I just find this akin to people who bought a house near train tracks or an airport and now complain about the noise. If the service is truly that terrible you can pay an ETF, try to get the ETF waived, or wait until your contract is up.
    I still have a bit of time on my contract, so paying an ETF is out the question along with waiting. You get good service, fine. Stop trying to assume that everyone automatically gets good service and that Sprint has no problems with their network.

    I'm not saying you did, but I find it amazing how many people have upgraded to this phone knowing LTE in their area is not a sure thing anytime soon, and then start complaining about 3G speeds.
    I didn't upgrade to the phone, I bought it off contract. I am not expecting LTE service, I am expecting the PREMIUM service that Sprint is charging me for with the $10 surcharge. Nowhere in my posts did I ever complain about Sprint not having LTE and me getting the phone because of it. Have you forgotten that LTE is just a feature and that Sprint actually has a 3G network they should have improved first?
  24. #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyDawgBoston View Post
    I called Sprint and asked them to explain what premium data is. She stated it was unlimited fast 3g, 4g wimax, and lte.

    I got neither and my phone was always roaming. Sprint couldn't provide, so they let me out of my 2 month contract... plain and simple. They were nice about it.

    I went to AT&T with the GS3 and the speeds are phenomenal and haven't had a problem in 2 months.

    I might pay a tad more for data service, but I am happy and not frustrated anymore. No more embarrassment. Best choice ever.
    Sorry it didn't work out for you on Sprint, but glad you were able to find a place where it did work out.

    Just curious about your "2 month contract". Do you mean you were 2 months into your contract, or 2 months away from being done with your contract?
  25. #50  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Get out of contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyDawgBoston View Post
    I called Sprint and asked them to explain what premium data is. She stated it was unlimited fast 3g, 4g wimax, and lte.

    I got neither and my phone was always roaming. Sprint couldn't provide, so they let me out of my 2 month contract... plain and simple. They were nice about it.
    If you can't get ANY Sprint signal in your normal areas (home/work) because there is simply no coverage then yes, that is a valid reason they will let you out of a contract. They will usually verify it is true based on coverage maps.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions