Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Get out of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    If you can't get ANY Sprint signal in your normal areas (home/work) because there is simply no coverage then yes, that is a valid reason they will let you out of a contract. They will usually verify it is true based on coverage maps.
    That's still tricky because they will most likely give you one of the AirRave models so it works in your house.

That said, if people's coverage in places is as bad as they say it is (and I do believe them), I would pay the ETF and be done with it. I don't see how paying money every month for something you can't use is better than paying a one time ETF and going to another character where you'll be happy.

And if the ETF is too steep for you, and it sounds harsh, but you probably shouldn't be getting yourself locked into such contracts then. Sure, you won't have access to the latest and greatest phones for a couple hundred bucks, but a lower end working phone is better than the fanciest one that doesn't work.
    crzycrkr, Mikey47 and FaisDogg like this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,762 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    That's still tricky because they will most likely give you one of the AirRave models so it works in your house.
    Possibly. It depends on the situation. I have heard of those being offered, but I don't think that would be a requirement. Not terribly useful, either, if a larger area were under no signal (couldn't go to neighbors two doors down, couldn't walk around the block, etc)
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Sorry it didn't work out for you on Sprint, but glad you were able to find a place where it did work out.

Just curious about your "2 month contract". Do you mean you were 2 months into your contract, or 2 months away from being done with your contract?
    Thanks! So far so good and its a good feeling to not have to depend on WiFi hotspots to get data. Now my Lte is faster than WiFi.

I was with Sprint for 7 years. I signed a new contract to get the Evo Lte and kept getting bad phones with bad reception. My oldEvo had great service, but wanted a new phone and lte.

Sprint had told me they were working on the new network vision towers and would be finished in 2013. That was not acceptable and they let me leave. They did offer me 3 months of service waived, but I cared more about service and needed my phone for business. I was getting texts 3 days later and phone was roaming everywhere. Their customer service was great.

The only thing I will miss is this evo forum and a great group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDawgBoston View Post
    Thanks! So far so good and its a good feeling to not have to depend on WiFi hotspots to get data. Now my Lte is faster than WiFi.

I was with Sprint for 7 years. I signed a new contract to get the Evo Lte and kept getting bad phones with bad reception. My oldEvo had great service, but wanted a new phone and lte.

Sprint had told me they were working on the new network vision towers and would be finished in 2013. That was not acceptable and they let me leave. They did offer me 3 months of service waived, but I cared more about service and needed my phone for business. I was getting texts 3 days later and phone was roaming everywhere. Their customer service was great.

The only thing I will miss is this evo forum and a great group of people.
    Who did you talk to to get out of the contract? I have been complaining about my EVO LTE since I got it and they kepp telling me Im screwed and their opinion of a "suitable data speed" may be lower than mine. That was supposedly a manager in escalations that told me that. She pretty much told me there is nothing they can do for me and I just gotta wait out the network improvements. What a crock of sh*t, I'm so pissed off at sprint right now

Oh and btw I constantly get .05Mbps
    thatmetaldude likes this.

That is horrible speeds. Call and email every day, eventually you get so much credit that you'll have a negative balance.

I had a similar experience with a manager in escalations, retentions or some one at Sprint. My issue was they took away my 25% business discount. I was not entitled to it. I agree, no problem. However they didn't give me any notice. Now i'm fighting with them that my bill increased due to the loss of the discount & it's too dam.. high now. The took the discount away during my agreement. I don't think that's legal.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Load a verzion prl and use that constantly till sprint ask you to take your service elsewhere use a lot of data and you will be off in a month or have good speeds till they kick you off

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jem286 View Post
    Load a verzion prl and use that constantly till sprint ask you to take your service elsewhere use a lot of data and you will be off in a month or have good speeds till they kick you off

Care to elaborate? Never heard of this before

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,762 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Antwonizzle View Post
    That would be violating the terms of service by allowing the Sprint phone to prefer to use Verizon towers instead of Sprint towers. It would end up costing Sprint a lot of money because roaming costs are not passed on to the phone user and Sprint has to pay it.

It is of limited use because Sprint phones will already roam to Verizon towers when needed. Also it only works with voice and extremely slow 1xRTT data (1G, not 2G or 3G or 4G). The cases where it is useful would be if you are consistently in an area with barely a Sprint signal, but there is a strong Verizon signal, which drains your battery or causes the phone to constant switch in and out of roaming.

Verizon also roams to Sprint towers and has the same terms of service for its customers for the same reason.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Antwonizzle View Post

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Basically Sprint gets mad when you roam too much and they have kicked people, ETF free, for it. It's something like over 300mb of data per month for a couple months. I don't remember the amount of voice minutes they start getting annoyed with.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

I'm going to write an email to sprint, and see what they tell me. It's very saddening that they would treat customers this way.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

It's free to get out of your contract actually, just run your roaming data up enough and they'll cut you off no etf.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

So I installed the 00001 prl and constantly check netmonitor to make sure im on a Verizon tower, I am so I should be roaming right? Over the last 2 days I've been on pandora, Netflix and YouTube. The usage monitor built into ICS says I've used 400mb over the last 2 days but the sprint website says I haven't used anything since the custom prl, what gives?

And roughly how long should it take sprint to notice my new found roaming habit?

ROM
    cm10

My friend had sprint and he was having the same problems, he told them that he talked to a lawyer(he didnt though) and stated that sence he is having these problems and they are constant that he should have to wait for and he should be able to switch with no contract problems

Quote Originally Posted by jem286 View Post

I've been doing that for 3 month and they keep putting on bill to "see data terms" but havnt received the letter yet

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123