Lost personalized ringers!

mendyonline

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I received the update on my EVO today. Funny thing that I notice is that my phone will ring by the default ringer for all contacts regardless if I set some of them to rings with different ringers.

Anyone else experience this? Does anyone know of a solution?

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing this as well. But individualized text notifications are working for me with GoSms.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My ringers are still set for the contacts that I had previous in fact I'm trying to set them back to default and can't see a way to do it

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My ringers are still set for the contacts that I had previous in fact I'm trying to set them back to default and can't see a way to do it

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

So they are still ringing with the individualized tones? If you're trying to set them back to default, you should be able to select your default tone manually for each one in the people app, no?

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Tried to post this problem on sprint.com, which decided to "undergo maintenance" as I hit publish. Will try again, retyping the entire post of course. Grr.

Update - posted. I'll try and get a Sprint rep to acknowledge and report.

Yet another update - response from a Sprint rep who checked with their product dev team:
Just informed that this is a known issue with the recent MR and will be addressed in the maintenance release.

Here's hoping that MR hits "soon."

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyrene

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I never did individual ring tones until now. I set them up and they are working.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

mendyonline

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I never did individual ring tones until now. I set them up and they are working.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Can you verify if the actual tones are different? Meaning, if someone calls you, does that special ring tone kick on? Mine also says that it's set for a different ringtone for a certain individual, however, when that person calls only the default ringtone is played.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you verify if the actual tones are different? Meaning, if someone calls you, does that special ring tone kick on? Mine also says that it's set for a different ringtone for a certain individual, however, when that person calls only the default ringtone is played.

Yes,, I have different ring tones for different people working.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
So they are still ringing with the individualized tones? If you're trying to set them back to default, you should be able to select your default tone manually for each one in the people app, no?

No I cannot figure out a way to set them back to default ringer. When I select the contact and select ringtone there is no option to use default. I started another thread regarding this same thing. The ringtone that I have for that contact is still there though before update

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

htcguy23

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So I updated my HTC evo 4g lte yesterday and have a lot of personalized ring tones. When people were calling today all ringing one tone my default ring tone. The contacts still have ringers next to name but not working very unhappy with HTC and sprint right now major problems all day every day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non