Headphone icon in notification bar

phenom923

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My daughter's phone has the headphone icon showing in the notification bar; however, no headphones are connected. I have no idea how to remove it from the notification bar or why it is there. Help please.

phenom923

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Not sure. I did a hard reset, but initially it didn't remove the icon. After leaving the phone alone for about 30minutes, the icon had disappeared. If she did accidentally turned on the hearing impaired, how do I go back to disable it...just in case it returns.

Thanks again in advanced!

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's the head phone icon or is it the hearing impaired icon (official name??). She may have turned it on by accident.

mghurle

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
No, I am having the same problem! I don't have the 'hearing aid' symbol, I verified and turned it on/off to make sure it wasn't the same thing!

I have no headset, but this symbol appeared a few hours ago, and have no clue how it got there and hot to turn it off!

Help!

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The headphone jack has a small switch that is for detecting a headphone. If this switch got jammed, due to dirt or something, the phone may show the icon even after unplugging the headphone. This happened on an old HTC phone of mine, and i noticed this phone has the same swtich.

Take a look into the jack and very carefully try cleaning it. This might be covered by Sprint and they might hook you up with a new phone if there is a problem when you plug in a headphone.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
shut phone,, take a qutip, dip in rubbing alcohol, squeeze out any excess off the qutip,, insert into headphones jack and turn A few times,,, allow to dry for 5 mins (just in case) and turn on. I have fixed this same issue in many different smartphones with this method .

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

ricky081

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled iheart radio, restarted, then still had icon plus no sound.
So I reinstalled iheart, and after 10 minutes icon left and sound came back.

Dindeni

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
My mobile phone type Huawei Ascend P6 have its headfone icon appearing on the notification bar and impair with my hearing or causing me not hear anything on receiving or making a phone call,I have tried to remove it without any success,can you please help me as i am frustrated at the moment

Boeini Srinath

May 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone has the headphone icon showing in the notification bar; however, no headphones are connected. I have no idea how to remove it from the notification bar or why it is there. Help please. and call comes no sound in htc wildfire a3333

Christina Harper

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. I tried a Q-tip, but it didn't work. So thinking it must be dirt or dust particles I blew in the auxiliary hole like an old NES cartdrige and it went away for one second every time... Anyway I grabbed some canned air like Blow Off, put the straw right on the outside of the aux port and gave it a few blasts... The symbol went right away permanently. Try this and good luck.

Chanuka Dissanayake

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
shut phone,, take a qutip, dip in rubbing alcohol, squeeze out any excess off the qutip,, insert into headphones jack and turn A few times,,, allow to dry for 5 mins (just in case) and turn on. I have fixed this same issue in many different smartphones with this method .
Saved me.. :) Many thanks. HTC m8

petersonmlp

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
The soundabout app worked! I tried everything. Cleaning did nothing. After installing the app, go to Connectable devices, wired headset settings, turn OFF wired headset detection.

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
it might be the simple problem. the earphones might be plugged off, while your Radio app is running. the solution would be plug in your head phone and open the radio app. shut it down properly. then the icon will get disappeared. 100% tested and it worked.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO