HTC EVO 4G LTE Constant Rebooting
09-18-2014 07:01 PM
- My device keeps rebooting!! I will make it to the HTC Brilliant and Beats image and then goes black and then reboots again and repeats the process! I can't even use my phone! Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening! It was working fine one minute and then all of a sudden rebooted and won't stop rebooting no matter what I do. I plan on letting it run out of power and then seeing if it will work but I don't have the tools to take it apart and take the battery out myself! HELP!!!!09-01-2012 03:24 PM
- 09-03-2012 06:15 AM
- My phone all of a sudden today started doing the same thing constant reboot over and over. Sprint told me I would probably have to do a hard reset and I'm gonna lose everything. I hate to do that. I was also told maybe letting the battery drain. I guess that didn't work for you. I tried holding down the power button too not working just constant reboot. I am so upset to lose everything/09-30-2012 05:04 PM
- You can hold the volume down button once it starts rebooting and is at the white screen I am there now and it's there you can do a hard reset. I am scared though cause people say you can't do a hard reset without clearing out Google Wallet or it will brick your phone. Well I can't get to Google Wallet cause my phone won't go to the home screen. Something with this new update we got recently my phones been acting up since.09-30-2012 10:57 PM
- I ran into the same issue with mine the other day.
Here's a link to the thread.
Once the screen goes completely black, quickly press and hold both the power button and volume down. You may try holding the volume button down ahead of time and then simply press and hold the power button along with it once the screen goes black. It's really all about catching it during that point of the cycle. It worked for me with the greatest of ease.
Since performing the hard reset, i've had no issues at all with Google Wallet. My card is still saved as it was. In fact, every Google app I have came back right where I left off.10-01-2012 08:21 AM
- I have the HTC Thunderbolt and I had the same exact issue, I went on youtube and found a solution that works for me. When the phone is rebooting, slightly bend the device (not too hard) and hold it in that bent position, if your lucky, the phone will get past the boot loop. Weirdest thing I have ever seen, does not make since, but I have to do it every single time I restart my phone, if I don't my phone will boot loop over and over again.10-01-2012 08:28 AM
- That's weird about bending the phone LOL! I just went ahead and hard reset I didn't have a choice wouldn't come up to Home Screen. I have my contacts back and my calendar entries but now i have to reconfigure all my emails get my apps back and make my home screens the way I want them. I need a good backup app for non rooted people. I opened Google Wallet it told me I had an outdated version to update which I did and I am signed in. It said my debit card was invalid or something which it expired and is but I never will use Google Wallet. I used it once for my free 10 bucks. So anyway my phone is up after hard resetting. I'll be busy all day getting everything back. Sure wish I knew what cause the hangup in the bootloader to recylce like that over and over again.10-01-2012 10:49 AM
- Having issue. Yesterday tried turning on my wifi connection in my hotel (currently traveling). Phone nstantly went into constant reboot. Do you know how much it sucks to be in airports without a phone?! HTC has really lost some trust with me on this. And the fact it is a struggle to get service. Really wish I had gotten a different phone now. Ugh.
Thanks for the help, can't wait to hard reset my phone in between connecting flights. Really love wifi on planes though!!10-06-2012 11:27 AM
- I had to hard reset my phone and I put most of my apps back on there. I went to work and always disconnect my 3G and get on my works wifi. It locked up and my phone went off and I had the whole reboot thing over and over a 2nd time. I thought ok maybe it's an app and my Yahoo Messenger kept not responding after an update but my phone had been sluggish since we got a HTC software update. I would open up handcent to a black screen for so many seconds before it actually opened and I would go to dial a number and nothing would happen phone was just lagging and slow. Anyway I took my phone into a Sprint store after resetting again and putting nothing on it and it failed the diagnostics test and I got a new phone. This one so far except for a couple sense reboots is fine. Most all my apps are back on there but for some reason even though they diagnosed it as a hardware problem I didn't put yahoo messenger back on yet. My friend said I should of took screen shots of my home screens cause I can't remember how I had a couple of them LOL! I love my phone and have had 3 EVO's and this was my 1st problem ever so I hope this new phone works good.10-06-2012 02:22 PM
- I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues! I also have the EVO 4G LTE. The reset, however, does not work, not in my case anyway. Just had my phone reset at about 3pm yesterday and I'm on here now because my phone attempted to restart itself seven times before shutting down. This has been happening every night for five nights now... Sometimes it recovers after several reboots but, last time it shut itself down like this I wasn't able to turn it back on until midday the day after. I am ready for a new phone. Heartbreaking, considering how excited I was for this to come out and how much I paid for it the day it was released...12-20-2012 10:50 PM
- I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues! I also have the EVO 4G LTE. The reset, however, does not work, not in my case anyway. Just had my phone reset at about 3pm yesterday and I'm on here now because my phone attempted to restart itself seven times before shutting down. This has been happening every night for five nights now... Sometimes it recovers after several reboots but, last time it shut itself down like this I wasn't able to turn it back on until midday the day after. I am ready for a new phone. Heartbreaking, considering how excited I was for this to come out and how much I paid for it the day it was released...
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 212-22-2012 02:10 AM
- I really need some help, I hope someone out there can give me a hand with this, I have an htc evo 4g, I was using it this morning and the front camera was not working well so I had to restart my cellphone, but the problem is that it just keeps restarting and it wont end, so I tried a hard reset but it didn't work 'cause my volume button doesn't work. I hope someone could help me its kind of urgent ):09-18-2014 07:01 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G LTE
HTC EVO 4G LTE Constant Rebooting
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD