Car charger recommendation

May 25, 2012
Visit site

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would go with a charger rated the same as the official charger (input 100-240V 200mA 50-60 Hz, output 5V 1A). Also, you may want to use an HTC OEM cable, while the generic cables may be cheaper I've had problems using those (generally either the cable failing or causing the phone to overheat).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

ananniia

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I got one of these and use the OEM cable to charge in the car. works perfectly.

Griffin PowerJolt Dual Micro Universal Charger: iPods & MP3 Players : Walmart.com

I've used other non oem chargers off ebay that were cheap and it started to mess with the phone (palm pre), so I stopped. I found this one to be able to charge my evo lte and my husbands iphone at the same time, quickly too, and not put a drain on the battery or mess up our phones.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I recommend the dual USB port car/wall charger that Sprint sells it comes with a USB cable that works well with the EVO and if you ever find yourself needing to charge your phone you can use it as a wall charger.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I recommend the dual USB port car/wall charger that Sprint sells it comes with a USB cable that works well with the EVO and if you ever find yourself needing to charge your phone you can use it as a wall charger.

I have this one which cost me around $6 new. I use the OEM HTC cable (to help avoid any possible port issues) which can be bought new for $1-$2.

sbjz0x.png

2z5un8h.png

Irishgator

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how you know when they are knockoffs. I have purchased a number of these from Amazon and they are all dead to quickly...

I use the same thing. I've bought more than 10 of them. One in every car and I've given away several to people who needed one. No problems with any of them. Just make sure to get the genuine ones sold directly by Amazon. Some of the other sellers on there sell knockoffs.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how you know when they are knockoffs. I have purchased a number of these from Amazon and they are all dead to quickly...

On the Amazon page users have posted pictures showing the differences between the knockoffs and real ones.

Sent from my HTC EVOLTE using Tapatalk.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Where did you get it for $6? I paid like 30-40 and my gf lost it...

Checked today and they are $4.69 on Amazon. I'm going to get me a couple more. I've got to stop giving away my car chargers.

Here's a link.

Amazon.com: OEM Sprint Micro USB Rapid Car Vehicle Auto Plug in Battery Charger + Home Wall Travel Charger for HTC Desire Z - HTC Gratia - Sprint HTC EVO 4G - US Cellular HTC Merge - HTC 7 Pro - T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide - Cell Phone - All-in-One Com

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

That charger is sweet. It charges my evo just as fast in the car as a wall charger does.

Sent from my Nexus 7

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my Palm Pre car charger and cable and it does fine. In my wife's car, we have one of the 2 outlet chargers for her iPhone and my phone to charge at the same time. I don't see a need to replace my car charger until it dies.

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just make sure it can provide enough current. The specs of the original one are the best way to be safe, I'd think.

If the current provided by the charger is not enough, you'll find that the batter runs down, even when plugged in the charger.