Not sure if this is old news or not - Chicago LTE article

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Eh, it's just a newspaper article about LTE.

It's not a breaking news source as to when LTE is going to officially launch. It may end up being correct, who knows, but there is no inside info there.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From latest reports Chicago is still deep in the middle of the upgrade process. The Chicago market turned out to be one of the hardest yet due to problems with the current Motorola "legacy" equipment working with the newly installed Samsung equipment. Problem has been in the handoff of signal and data from old to the new resulting in the dropped calls, data outages and other issues ongoing in the Chicago market over the last few months.

The original rollout date was supposed to be September from most sources but now it is looking more like October due to the delay in problems with the equipment. There has been dozens and dozens of reports (mine included) of areas turning on LTE in Chicago and the suburbs for testing. Most of these reported areas have been short lived due to its only testing and won't remain turned on until the official rollout.

Sprint employees and Sprint authorized retailers are all instructing people to call into CS and complain about the poor service and LTE delays and many have gotten some sort of service credit for their trouble, from all the stores I've visited in the Chicago suburbs. I received $75 for my complaint (25 % off my bill for 2 months of service)

Hang tight.. Its coming.. Just a little later than we had hoped but we knew from the start Chicago is also one of the most saturated markets for towers so its a huge undertaking.

Edit: I should note the initial rollout or announcement of Sprint LTE in Chicago doesn't mean its completed. It appears that once a market hits around 40-50% completed they flip the "official on" switch, but finishing the entire market still continues. This is what I have read and observed from reports in the current "official LTE" markets listed by Sprint.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia