1. CountryDevil's Avatar
    Has anyone ran into an issues with Sprint Mobile Hotspot causing a PC to BSOD? I have a Windows 7 Laptop that works fine on every wireless connection I have used. I recently tried using the Mobile Hotspot on my EVO LTE and every time it connects it causes my Laptop to BSOD.
    09-07-2012 03:18 PM
  2. kronosqq's Avatar
    Weird. What's the error code? And are the hot spot settings and different from your router settings on a connection that does work.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    09-10-2012 09:34 AM
  3. CountryDevil's Avatar
    After further investigation I found that when the PC found and set up the connection to the Sprint Hotspot on my LTE, the PC did not set up the correct security settings that my phone was sending. When it tried to connected it caused my PC's wi-fi NIC driver to bomb out and caused a BSOD. Once I corrected this, it worked beautifully.
    09-11-2012 10:56 AM
  4. kronosqq's Avatar
    Glad it was an easy fix!

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    09-12-2012 12:37 AM
  5. UtilityJoe's Avatar
    I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy s3. If I am watching an embeded video or internet radio my laptop goes BSOD. It happens in both tethered mode and WiFi hot spot. I've never had this happen unitl I started using my new phone to connect to the internet. I an error about a worker thread returning an IRQ not equal to something or other.
    10-19-2012 10:38 AM
  6. neustkg's Avatar
    CountryDevil,

    I tried this today on my EVO LTE phone and also had the BSOD. Can you give me details on how you solved the problem? I noticed a big difference in speed connecting via Sprint (we have unlimited data on our plan) of 75 Mbps vs. 54 Mbps from our DSL connection. So I would actually like to do away with DSL and just go with our Sprint plan for internet.
    11-03-2012 04:43 PM
  7. CountryDevil's Avatar
    CountryDevil,

    I tried this today on my EVO LTE phone and also had the BSOD. Can you give me details on how you solved the problem? I noticed a big difference in speed connecting via Sprint (we have unlimited data on our plan) of 75 Mbps vs. 54 Mbps from our DSL connection. So I would actually like to do away with DSL and just go with our Sprint plan for internet.
    What I found was that the Security Protocol was not being detected by the PC properly and set them manually. It's been a while and I will have to go look at things again to get the specifics. But, look at what the security settings are set in on the EVO and name sure they match exactly.

    Once I get more time, I will go look and get you the specifics. But it might be a day or two.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    11-04-2012 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD