Sprint Mobile Hotspot Causes PC to BSOD

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone ran into an issues with Sprint Mobile Hotspot causing a PC to BSOD? I have a Windows 7 Laptop that works fine on every wireless connection I have used. I recently tried using the Mobile Hotspot on my EVO LTE and every time it connects it causes my Laptop to BSOD.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Weird. What's the error code? And are the hot spot settings and different from your router settings on a connection that does work.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
After further investigation I found that when the PC found and set up the connection to the Sprint Hotspot on my LTE, the PC did not set up the correct security settings that my phone was sending. When it tried to connected it caused my PC's wi-fi NIC driver to bomb out and caused a BSOD. Once I corrected this, it worked beautifully.

UtilityJoe

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy s3. If I am watching an embeded video or internet radio my laptop goes BSOD. It happens in both tethered mode and WiFi hot spot. I've never had this happen unitl I started using my new phone to connect to the internet. I an error about a worker thread returning an IRQ not equal to something or other.

neustkg

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
CountryDevil,

I tried this today on my EVO LTE phone and also had the BSOD. Can you give me details on how you solved the problem? I noticed a big difference in speed connecting via Sprint (we have unlimited data on our plan) of 75 Mbps vs. 54 Mbps from our DSL connection. So I would actually like to do away with DSL and just go with our Sprint plan for internet.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
CountryDevil,

I tried this today on my EVO LTE phone and also had the BSOD. Can you give me details on how you solved the problem? I noticed a big difference in speed connecting via Sprint (we have unlimited data on our plan) of 75 Mbps vs. 54 Mbps from our DSL connection. So I would actually like to do away with DSL and just go with our Sprint plan for internet.

What I found was that the Security Protocol was not being detected by the PC properly and set them manually. It's been a while and I will have to go look at things again to get the specifics. But, look at what the security settings are set in on the EVO and name sure they match exactly.

Once I get more time, I will go look and get you the specifics. But it might be a day or two.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21