Is anyone having issues with their text messaging app after the update?

agolz12

May 19, 2010
Visit site
When I go to open either handcent or the stock messenger app it takes about 30 seconds for all of the message threads to show up within the app. This seems to happen about 50 percent of the time. Is this happening to anyone else? Any fixes?

Dpsavino

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Ive had issues with messages not sending. Hoping its a local tower issue. Am i alone in this

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an issue now trying to switch from Handcent back to using stock. Stock messaging won't show me any of the messages I already have. When I select a conversation, it displays Loading... and just spings endlessly. I've let it sit for several minutes, cleared the cache in the stock messaging app, uninstalled Handcent, and rebooted twice. Still nothing.

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I haveuprooted, e issue on two evo lte's. It seems to be a slow down loading anything in the messaging and contact app. For example, if I try to compose a sms, there is no slow down until I try and enter a recipient. The normal auto complete simply doesn't function for 30-60 seconds. If I press the contacts button, it takes 30-60 seconds to load, then works normally.

I also noticed it does the same thing with incoming calls, as it won't resolve the contact name, and instead just shows the number.

So far I've tried clearing my contacts app data, and re syncing, with no effect. Both phones are running stock firmware, are unrooted and only started having problems since the last update.

agolz12

May 19, 2010
Visit site
This has become a serious problem for me, it can take up to 2 minutes to try to check a text. I've cleared my cache and deleted my messages. Any ideas?

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am also having this issue. Using stock messenger. It randomly takes a long time to load a conversation, and the auto complete for contacts hangs. That last issue also occurs in the HTC calendar app when creating an entry and trying to invite someone.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I started seeing my text messages wouldn't send,but I could send a multimedia text mssg. Then I couldn't call anything except 611. Technical support remotely adjusted my account/phone and everything got better.

AHWagner

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same issues as the OP. I've tried everything! It's even slow after you press "Send"... the text message log takes at least 20 seconds to catch up. Same with opening up the "People" app.

Any ideas that could fix it? Is it really a corrupt file issue? Factory reset the only fix?

carlsbadmike

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That seemed to have fixed it for me. I was starting to think it was something to do with contacts, and not my text messages (only about 1000 messages).

Ive left FB sync off for now, probably not needed.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems to have worked for me too. I was being brave (and possibly a bit careless) and went back into Facebook afterwards and chose "Sync Existing Contacts" rather than "Sync All". I can always fix it if/when it begins to get sluggish. So far so good though.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from EVO 4G L(a)TE

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I've disabled the Facebook sync and it still has problems. I'm guessing only a hard reset will fix this issue :(

I assume that you followed the full instructions here -> http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g...ay-need-hold-off-8-29-12-a-2.html#post4989279

If all you did was disable the Facebook sync, that alone will not fix it. You need to disable the Google sync, clear the contacts data and restart the device and turn oly Google contact sync back on leaving the Facebook sync off.

ERicJ

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I assume that you followed the full instructions here -> http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g...ay-need-hold-off-8-29-12-a-2.html#post4989279

If all you did was disable the Facebook sync, that alone will not fix it. You need to disable the Google sync, clear the contacts data and restart the device and turn oly Google contact sync back on leaving the Facebook sync off.
Agreed. I tried disabling all my contact syncs (Facebook, Twitter, GroupMe, etc.) one at a time for several days each and none of that fixed the problem, until I followed the directions above to purge all my phone contacts and re-sync from Google.