Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Browser keeps closing and reverting to phone's home screen

My one X is doing the same thing but i just remembered it started soon after i enable flash i just disable flash n will see what happens but check yours and see if thats the reason cause it is freeking annoying having the browser crash all the time let me me know what happens.

Try disabling flash cause mine started soon after i enable flash and now i have disable it and test but check yours and see if that fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by GHB View Post
    The title says it all. My browser keeps closing and reverting to phone's home screen. I have had the phone for about 6 weeks and software is up to date. The problem just started yesterday. Doesn't seem to be any particular web pages that make it happen. Any thoughts?
    Mine does this also (LG Optimus). But also does it while playing games. Super frustrating and I've tried everything. No force close, though those happen a lot as well.

Uninstall adobe flash player, since ive done that browser worka a dream. Also saves you loads of internal memory

Mine also started about 2 weeks ago. Not only in browser, also doing it when playing game. Please help!!!

I don't know why anybody would suggest restarting you're phone...sounds like bs. Anyway
    It is a easy fix. Just go to settings, developer options and un-tick do not keep activities...This will fix alot of things for you including posting photos etc

I'm finding the same problem with my nexus 7. Apps keep closing' the Google button /home button keeps operating without me touching it and the screens go crazy for a while. I suspect it is an Android problem and I am running the latest uh upgrade of ice cream sandwich. Not very happy. If they don't sort it quickly they will force me into the arms of Apple.!!

Question Re: Browser keeps closing and reverting to phone's home screen

Same problem, but with Asus tablet. None of the suggested solutions work! Any other ideas?

Well the title says it all. Factory set pantech burst, only had it for a couple months. Closed out to the home screen repeatedly and sends me to the at&t screen when I reopen.

My HTC Evo 4G's internet on multiple browsers was crashing back to the previous page constantly. Problem was solved by disabling Adobe Flash Player. Just wanted to pass the tip along.

This happens to me too. I currently have the iPhone 5 and before this I had a 4S. And this problem occurred with both phones. My theory is if you have too many web pages open That the phone gets overwhelmed. Or it could simply just be a glitch in the system.

- - - Updated - - -

This happens to me too. I currently have the iPhone 5 and before this I had a 4S. And this problem occurred with both phones. My theory is if you have too many web pages open That the phone gets overwhelmed. Or it could simply just be a glitch in the system.

What about people without the adobe flash player?

U are right- it fixed it!! Wow thanks

Guys,

Ive fixed this issue on my desire by un-installing the Flash Updates!!!

I think I found a solution for this issue. The exact same thing happens to me on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10". After looking a lot for a solution with no success I hooked up the tablet to my development environment to analyze the logs when the error occurs. Apparently there is a problem with com.google.process.gapps which is an Android OS process.

The solution:

Go to Apps management screen
    Swipe to ALL APPS
    Look for "Download Manager"

If its disabled, enable it.

If its enabled (my case) then:
    1. Disable it
    2. Clear its data
    3. Reboot
    4. Enable it again
    5. Reboot.

I hope this helps someone.

The solution:

Go to Apps management screen
    Swipe to ALL APPS
    Look for "Download Manager"

If its disabled, enable it.

If its enabled (my case) then:
    1. Disable it
    2. Clear its data
    3. Reboot
    4. Enable it again
    5. Reboot.

Thank you! Fixed this issue on my optimus 4X and SGS 3 :-)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123