Can you use NFC to share photos EVO LTE to EVO LTE?

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that the traditional NFC that we have can only transfer a small amount of data.. like a url or phone number. I think that darn GS3 can transfer larger amounts of data such as photos and maybe even video.

Sent from EVO 4G L(a)TE

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that the traditional NFC that we have can only transfer a small amount of data.. like a url or phone number. I think that darn GS3 can transfer larger amounts of data such as photos and maybe even video.

You are partially correct. No device will transfer photos and such with NFC. NFC is slow and can only handle small amounts of data. Typically it can send just a few numbers, a URL, or several text fields.

There are devices which combine NFC with WiFi or bluetooth where the NFC initiates the conversation parameters and then the data is transferred using WiFi or bluetooth. I don't believe the standards are quite set on this yet, and what Samsung is doing is considered "proprietary", so it will not work with non-Samsung devices (making it next to useless).

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
No, this is a feature they added to Jelly Bean. You are correct. Makes me even more excited for the upgrade!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No, this is a feature they added to Jelly Bean. You are correct. Makes me even more excited for the upgrade!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I don't know what your talking about,, maybe i confused but this is not a jellybean feature. I don't have jellybean but have this feature. I have used it, it works,, respectfully you are wrong.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It says "allow data exchange when touch another device" android beam. Don't know about your nexus 7 but this is about evos. I must be mission something here, if so then I apologize.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347730924446.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347730924446.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea you can I transfer photos between my s3 and my stepdads viper all the time using nfc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
You can transfer Web pages and contacts with evos right now. Not pictures or videos. We should be able to when Jelly Bean upgrade comes.

Sg3 can do it now because of proprietary technology, independent of android version. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You could transfer small pieces of data, but music, movies, or pictures couldn't, that is a samsung exclusive feature, but google integrated wifi direct into beam, so you can transfer large files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance