Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Talk me into an EVO 4G LTE...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwicarlos741 View Post
    The s3 is not better than the EVO LTE. I'm gladly getting rid of my s3 for the iPhone 5 which will be my business phone. There's a reason the EVO LTE is my personal phone, one because it doesn't have the same connectivity problems that have plagued the galaxy s series in the past. Two the build quality on the s3.... Compared to the EVO LTE, need I say more. Evos, screen is nicer and many have said the same as well. The s2 was prolly the worse phone I've ever owned and going on for three strikes the s3 is out and I can be rest assured I will never get one of there products again. I'm tired of Samsung's galaxy s series just dropping connectivity or not registering that I'm trying to use data wether its an app internet email or whatever. It simply does not work and its had this in all of its predessors. Htc EVO LTE def for the win

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Speaking as someone with a Galaxy S3 i can say with certainty it is better.

There is nothing wrong with the build quality of this phone. It's totally functional, lightweight, fast, great multitasking.

I take back my comment about only the screen being the only thing it has going for it, there is also the kickstand and sense.

I've never owned any of the previous galaxy s phones so i can't speak on them and in the past the Samsung phones I've had were in fact problematic which is why i wasn't exactly thrilled about this phone until i got it.

In the past with Samsung phones I've had, they were the worst phones I've ever had (think instinct, moment) with signal problem and various other bugs as well as build quality problems.

This is the first Samsung phone that i was happy with because it actually lived up to all the hype associated with it and didn't disappoint.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Speaking as someone with a Galaxy S3 i can say with certainty it is better.

There is nothing wrong with the build quality of this phone. It's totally functional, lightweight, fast, great multitasking.

I take back my comment about only the screen being the only thing it has going for it, there is also the kickstand and sense.

I've never owned any of the previous galaxy s phones so i can't speak on them and in the past the Samsung phones I've had were in fact problematic which is why i wasn't exactly thrilled about this phone until i got it.

In the past with Samsung phones I've had, they were the worst phones I've ever had (think instinct, moment) with signal problem and various other bugs as well as build quality problems.

This is the first Samsung phone that i was happy with because it actually lived up to all the hype associated with it and didn't disappoint.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Well speaking as someone that owns both s3 and htc EVO LTE, I can say after the nonstop disappointment with Samsung and there crappy radios, the s3 will be the last Samsung device I ever get once I get rid of it. Absolitley plagued by connectivity issues which are all present in the galaxy s3 forums which I also follow

I can't Argue with the iPhone's battery life. It is nice.
    But everything else is well.....:
    The Camera on by 4gLTE takes pics my wife's 4 and my friend's 4S couldn,t get (A Rainbow on a summer evening) And the other pics are easily as good if not better than the iPhones. (IMO) So test out the camera you might be able to take one of the iPhone's points away.
    Of course you still have to deal with the The Glitchy Sense/Android combo. You'll have to figure out if you can deal with that.

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

If you have the original EVO, you want the 4G LTE. HTC does things with sense that will drive you crazy not having on a different build. And ICS is so smooth compared. I know the old EVOs were bricks and darn near indestructible, but these new ones seem like they can take an even larger beating because they are all metal or glass except for a little part in the back. The SIII seemed like a toy compared to the EVO when I played with it in the stores. Do it!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Yeah, I have to agree that the EVO 4G LTE's build quality blows the plastic-fantastic SIII out of the water, which is one of the reasons why I won't touch it with a 10-meter cattle prod (the other is TouchWiz). Still, I've heard nothing but good things about it from those who own it, so to them I say jolly good, right ho, etc. It just ain't for me.

Anyway, I've got an iPhone 5 set to be delivered to my home on Friday, so I'll give it a whirl, and if it doesn't live up to the hype, back it goes.

Thanks for all the input thus far, fellas.

Regards,
    Adam

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Android.

That's it.
    delthor7 likes this.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

HTC Evo 4G LTE all the way. The only problem I could think of in the E4GLTE is multitasking (I don't know if they fixed it since I've been rooted for so long lol). If you are willing to root, you should definitely look at CM10 or AOKP. Jelly Bean is seriously a different beast. There's also Paranoid Android which is a tablet/phone hybrid (tried it out myself and it was something different and unique) which is a pretty cool concept.
    The Officer

Just to add in my two cents... I have the OG EVO 4G and there's NO WAY I would switch to an iPhone now. I've become spoiled by the bigger screens, the expandable storage, the customization, the fact that I don't have to buy 'i' everything to get my phone to work etc. (Really I could go on and on about the benefit to owning an Android as opposed to an iPhone)

Even without getting into any phone specs, there's some big cons right off the bat for the iPhone 5...

1.) You would have to have the converter for all of your chargers/docking stations and those things are not 'cheap'
    2.) Apple Care is the only way to insure your phone and they do not cover lost/stolen phones. (If you've ever lost a phone this should be a MAJOR concern to you!)
    3.) You would have a phone that is mostly GLASS...just search 'iphone drop tests' on youtube, it's SHOCKING how delicate they are (I've dropped my EVO like 5 times and I still have a flawless screen )

Really if you enjoyed your OG EVO, then really your choice should NOT be between the EVO LTE and iPhone 5, it should be between the EVO LTE and whatever other Andriod phone catches your fancy...I think after 2 years of being an EVO user, you would become really frustrated with the size of the iPhone and OS, really quickly :P
    The Hustleman and crxssi like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eehg01 View Post
    Even without getting into any phone specs, there's some big cons right off the bat for the iPhone 5...

1.) You would have to have the converter for all of your chargers/docking stations and those things are not 'cheap'
    2.) Apple Care is the only way to insure your phone and they do not cover lost/stolen phones. (If you've ever lost a phone this should be a MAJOR concern to you!)
    3.) You would have a phone that is mostly GLASS...just search 'iphone drop tests' on youtube, it's SHOCKING how delicate they are (I've dropped my EVO like 5 times and I still have a flawless screen )

Really if you enjoyed your OG EVO, then really your choice should NOT be between the EVO LTE and iPhone 5, it should be between the EVO LTE and whatever other Andriod phone catches your fancy...I think after 2 years of being an EVO user, you would become really frustrated with the size of the iPhone and OS, really quickly :P
    These are all extremely valid points (save for the fact that the iPhone 5 is an aluminum unibody design; no more double glass panels). To be honest, I'm all but committed to staying with Android, however since the Jesus Phone is on its way it would be foolish of me not to give it a chance. That said, it's going to have to do a helluva lot more than it appears to be capable of right now if it expects to find a home in my pocket for the next two years.

Again, thanks a lot guys for giving me some straight talk here.

Regards,
    Adam

Just found out the Evo 4G LTE is on sale at Best Buy for $100. That might be another motivating factor

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Just found out the Evo 4G LTE is on sale at Best Buy for $100. That might be another motivating factor
    You'd be crazy not to grab it at that price.

Sorry, just saw it's for new customers. D'oh! $149 for upgrades, still $50 off. And it looks like they're getting the white one soon also.

Tell them Amazon had it for upgrades for one hundred they matched it. Sold my og Evo For fifty plus i got a gift card for buying a phone from them before the year was up (did need to sign up for that in may) but when all was said and done I got mine free. :-)

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

One more thing to say before you look too closely at iPhone 5...

iOS Maps

Have you read what's going on with them?

I'm sorry you have the iPhone being delivered. However, I do respect your freedom of choice. I have been with Android and LOVE IT!! The major reason - customization. The lack of iPhone does serve a purpose, as my wife has an iPhone4. I'm being serious. She is not very technical and says "my" phone is too complicated. Sure, my EVO 4G LTE is rooted (as was my OG EVO and my HTC Hero), and I do have Boot Manager that allows me to have 5 different ROMs a reboot away. I am a geek, and love to mess with my phone.

Give the iPhone a whirl, and hopefully you'll decide on what's best for you.

Good luck.

Default Re: IPhone side by side comparison EVO 4G LTE...

Here is a side by side comparison http://www.pocketables.com/2012/09/h...-iphone-5.html

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    That's just someone opinion based on what was said about the one x on another carrier,,, it very well could be sooner,,, no one knows. Sprint wants all their phones operating the same os now and they just gave the nexus jellybean so in MY opinion jellybean for the evo 4g is not far away.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    Unfortunately this isnt true about the Photon 4G. Because the Photon isnt getting JB. Which sucks because it means I have to wait another year to upgrade to a phone that has at least ICS.

Motorola Photon 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    Unfortunately this isnt true about the Photon 4G. Because the Photon isnt getting JB. Which sucks because it means I have to wait another year to upgrade to a phone that has at least ICS.

Motorola Photon 4G
    I think I will upgrade from the Photon even though it is still in contract. I know they charge extra, but my recollection is that the "extra" decreases over time. And I have been wanting to upgrade to ICS since it was announced. (And JB sounds even sweeter.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12