Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By geomatrix
  • 1 Post By gpdaddy95
  • 2 Post By geomatrix
  • 4 Post By gpdaddy95
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    MeanROM 6.4

Default So Jellybean (4.1) is coming to the HTC One X, S..... Why not EVO 4G LTE

Well, maybe this is posted before, but I was just wondering, why hasn't HTC chose to update the EVO 4GLTE to 4.1 yet?

Is it because GSM phones usually get the update first, then CDMA like the Rezound and this?

Default Re: So Jellybean (4.1) is coming to the HTC One X, S..... Why not EVO 4G LTE

As far as I know the One series doesn't have an update date announced yet let alone the actual update. Basically I'm expecting to see it by the end of october with the Evo 4G LTE coming shortly afterwards. That's the pattern for updates so far, its just a matter of the update being designed for the One X, then tweaked slightly for the Evo LTE, then tested by the carriers.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: So Jellybean (4.1) is coming to the HTC One X, S..... Why not EVO 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    As far as I know the One series doesn't have an update date announced yet let alone the actual update. Basically I'm expecting to see it by the end of october with the Evo 4G LTE coming shortly afterwards. That's the pattern for updates so far, its just a matter of the update being designed for the One X, then tweaked slightly for the Evo LTE, then tested by the carriers.

May edit that in the morning when I'm awake so it's not all rambling and possibly nonsensical.

I think we will have 4.1 by like November or December

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

When the HTC One X got 4.1 sense ane ics 4.0.4 it literally was like 20 days layer that it released onto the evo lte. I don't doubt that it'll take around the same time frame for jelly bean. Which is really exciting. Jelly Bean on Halloween I say

delthor7 and Pew446 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinserrano View Post
    Well, maybe this is posted before, but I was just wondering, why hasn't HTC chose to update the EVO 4GLTE to 4.1 yet?

Is it because GSM phones usually get the update first, then CDMA like the Rezound and this?

EDIT: sorry, but I should know by now to go over to the article side before reading forums. ;-)

Where have you seen it is coming to the HOX?

Quote Originally Posted by geomatrix View Post
    When the HTC One X got 4.1 sense ane ics 4.0.4 it literally was like 20 days layer that it released onto the evo lte. I don't doubt that it'll take around the same time frame for jelly bean. Which is really exciting. Jelly Bean on Halloween I say

Hahaha. Trick or Treat

There's an article on Android Authority about it. Apparently the One X and One Xl will get Jelly Bean by October and "carrier branded" One X's by Christmas.

the news on this update stems from a post on Madaco.com (a site i've never heard of) which lists no sources on where or how they obtained their information.

so take it with a grain of salt.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

If it's coming from Paul at modaco he is pretty reliable and has his sources. Nothing against android Central but their are other blogs with reliable sources
    Rooted for life

Well as long as it didn't come from HP/Palm it may be true

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    If it's coming from Paul at modaco he is pretty reliable and has his sources. Nothing against android Central but their are other blogs with reliable sources
    AndroidCentral is more reliable as they don't publish it until they're at least 75% certain that it's ture.
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchfwb View Post
    Well as long as it didn't come from HP/Palm it may be true

Sounds like a former WebOS user. LOL.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    May edit that in the morning when I'm awake so it's not all rambling and possibly nonsensical.

I asked HTC and they aren't saying it will be updated or not...

We know HTC fans are excited to get their hands on Googles latest version of Android. We are currently reviewing its features and functionality to determine upgrade plans for our product portfolio. At this point in time, we can confirm that we have plans to upgrade our HTC One X, HTC One XL and HTC One S to Jelly Bean. While our goal is to bring the latest software updates to as many of our recent devices as possible, we are committed to maintaining every phone's performance and usability first.
    HTC no longer announces dates for release of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software. The normal time period between the final acceptance testing and release of software is about a week and often shorter than that. Please stay tuned to our official Facebook and Twitter pages for more updates regarding device upgrades and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean. Have a great weekend!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    There's always time to do it right the second time.

Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)
    Thanked by 2:
    javoom likes this.

Better than motos method of promising & not delivering.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper ROM

The one x was the first out, of course it'll get updated first. Especially the ones without lte like the tegra 3 devices. This is due to lte and the complex programming it takes to make lte work.

Sent from the blob fish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)
    Motorola Q -> Blackberry storm -> iPhone 3gs -> Blackberry Tour -> Droid Incredible ->Thunderbolt ->Epic 4G Touch->Evo 4G LTE

"ROOTED"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rsk2mc View Post
    The one x was the first out, of course it'll get updated first. Especially the ones without lte like the tegra 3 devices. This is due to lte and the complex programming it takes to make lte work.

Sent from the blob fish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)
    Actually it's quite easy if I might add. Building the driver and just pointing the system to load the correct driver in real-time.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    AndroidCentral is more reliable as they don't publish it until they're at least 75% certain that it's ture.

Sounds like a former WebOS user. LOL.
    Aren't we all?

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Quote Originally Posted by geomatrix View Post

OK, it's Halloween......

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    OK, it's Halloween......
    el oh el

I wonder when Sprint will make an announcement

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

My magical genie didn't grant me my wish, I have no frickin idea when Jelly Bean is gonna come out. There's been leaks for all types of phones lately, not even a peep from HTC, I'm gettin antsy!

bigrey81 and gpdaddy95 like this.

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Well, we can only hope that the fine folks at CM can get a stable mod running so we can all get on the CM10 bandwagon. I'm looking at my second update to the Nexus 7 to happen before HTC gets around to updating the EVO. That's friggin sad...... By the way, if your genie needs help, have him get with the marketing folks at Apple....they're selling two-year old technology as new and for over 50% more than the latest and greatest Nexus. And there are people standing in line to buy it! Now THAT'S magic!