Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mikey47
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

Default Multitasking not fixed with last update.

I keep seeing people saying that the EVO's multitasking was fixed with the last update but mine is no different, still works the same way it did before (useless). Any ideas as to why? Is anybody else's EVO not multitasking with the new update?

Default Re: Multitasking not fixed with last update.

Within the first couple of days I was convinced it was still broken. Since then it seems to be working just fine. I can switch back and forth with ease. Haven't had much of an issue.

Broken? No.
    Better? Yes.
    Fixed? Not completely.

I've seen a big improvement Still not perfect, but it's better than it was before by far.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

I can switch between two apps at most. If I throw in a third it messes it all up.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyer8493 View Post
    I keep seeing people saying that the EVO's multitasking was fixed with the last update but mine is no different, still works the same way it did before (useless). Any ideas as to why? Is anybody else's EVO not multitasking with the new update?
    There is no total "fixed" or "broken". It is not a yes or no situation. There is a set amount of memory and it will fluctuate from great to poor depending on conditions. The update changed some of the points and increased available free memory, causing different (improved) behavior.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

yeah definitely improved but not fixed a fix would be giving me 200 more mb wish there was some way you could add more =(

I have no problems multitasking! I think some of you have unreasonably high expectations!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I think some of you have unreasonably high expectations!
    Many (most?) of us are basing our expectations on other Android devices. Be they a previous HTC phone, a tablet, or something else. It is not unreasonable to expect functionality will improve, not degrade, with newer devices...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Many (most?) of us are basing our expectations on other Android devices. Be they a previous HTC phone, a tablet, or something else. It is not unreasonable to expect functionality will improve, not degrade, with newer devices...
    Heck it isn't even close to the multitasking of our beloved OG EVO 4G! HTC took a giant leap backwards on multitasking with this phone.

I still don't understand why not 2gb of RAM. What would it have cost them, like an extra $2 per phone?
    crxssi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    i would much rather have the awesome battery life than better multitasking. yeah the og evo was an awesome multitasker, of course getting 4 hours out of the battery is not missed!

i would much rather have the awesome battery life than better multitasking. yeah the og evo was an awesome multitasker, of course getting 4 hours out of the battery is not missed!
    Oh come on, I would get 4.5 hours all the time on my OG EVO.

But, you're right, always a trade off. But I would trade 10% of my battery life for the same abilities.

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

What makes you think they are mutually exclusive? They have almost nothing to do with each other- we could have had both with either 2GB of memory, or with a smaller footprint and better settings of Sense (as proven by the last update).

The reason the Evo LTE has so much better battery life is about 99% due to the S4 chip.