Personalized ringers back with manual HTC update!

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this was also posted in various threads, but I figured it was a big enough thing to make it's own thread announcement.

So there's an update for our phone that addresses the issue with personalized ringers for contacts! Just do a manual push of the HTC Software Update button and there it is!

Ring away...

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Now I get no sound for texts....
My custom sound for texts was reset back to default. Just had to go back into
Messages - Settings and re-select the custom sound.

---------- Post Merged at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:46 PM ----------

After applying the update I saw a bunch of strangeness with wifi and 3G notifications and behavior. Did a simulated battery pull and it seems to have fixed things.

thepabs3

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I updated the fix on the 22nd and everthing worked great, I had all my personal rintones back. Today I received a phone call and I got a default/stock ringtone. (I tried different phones to make sure it was not just a one time thing, but I get the same result with different phones) Has anyone else had this problem?...I have not installed any apps, updated any apps, or updated anything else since the ringtone contact fix.

thepabs3

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I updated the fix on the 22nd and everthing worked great, I had all my personal rintones back. Today I received a phone call and I got a default/stock ringtone. (I tried different phones to make sure it was not just a one time thing, but I get the same result with different phones) Has anyone else had this problem?...I have not installed any apps, updated any apps, or updated anything else since the ringtone contact fix.

I went to the sprint store they did a manual rebbot of the last update and that fixed the problem.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
There was no update available for me when I selected software update. No worries. I never assign my contacts different ringtones.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes. My wife's phone was working fine before she received an update (not sure if it's "the" update), but after receiving an update she no longer has custom ringtones.

I am talking about the update to fix the contact ringtone assignment. I see where we can download it from xda but I don't know why my phone is still saying up to date and not showing the update.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I am talking about the update to fix the contact ringtone assignment. I see where we can download it from xda but I don't know why my phone is still saying up to date and not showing the update.

Right, custom ringtones for contacts. She can change her default ringtone, but she cannot assign a ringtone to contacts - well, she can, it just won't ring with said ringtone.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Right, custom ringtones for contacts. She can change her default ringtone, but she cannot assign a ringtone to contacts - well, she can, it just won't ring with said ringtone.

When you go into software updates under settings and check for the HTC software update does it have one? Mine does not but as others have reported it should have came out already.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I guessed they pulled it because it screwed up other items.
Yeah, I believe the update to fix custom ringers ROYALLY screwed some folks up to where they go into "Boot loop" when activating/deactivating their WiFi signal.
I have a message in with HTC regarding this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer