What We'd Like to See in the Next Sense Update

petern23

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
* Weather animation like my old Evo. Beautiful Widgets has it, but there are issues. Found it!
* Better customization of colors/etc without using skins/scenes/schemes/whatever. I just want to change the color of a few things. (Specifically the font color on home screen icons. I can't read the white text on light-colored backgrounds.)
* Ability to put widgets in the tray at the bottom of the home screen.
* Ability to go 5 rows on the home screen. Bigger screen on the Evo LTE should mean more usable real estate.
* Customizable dashboard widgets. I need a few things from the data dashboard and a few things from the power dashboard, but using up 4x2 for all this doesn't make sense.

And maybe down the road:
* Start camera app with the shutter button.
* Bypass the (password-free) lock screen and go directly to the camera app with a quick double-press of the shutter button

petern23

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
better voice command. with my og evo, i was able to press a "voice command" icon and say, "text message <contact name>", and it would open the stock sms app with the <contact name> entered and ready to transcribe an sms message with a single button push.

maybe hone in some keywords that would start apps too.

Have you tried Robin? It's a bloated for quick things, but it shows promise. (It's still a work in progress...)

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
how about the Ultimate feature. A way to completly disable and remove all sense from my phone? A man can dream cat he...
Seriously though I dont think there is anything Sense can add that will make up for the time spent being on a older version of android. Of course that is my opinion, I know for some sense adds a lot of fuctionality that stock doesnt have.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
* Customizable dashboard widgets. I need a few things from the data dashboard and a few things from the power dashboard, but using up 4x2 for all this doesn't make sense.

I use HD Widgets and you can customize a 4x1 widget with 5 controls of whatever you need i.e. wifi toggle, airplane mode, silent, auto brightness....
Works well and you can customize the appearance pretty well (I keep mine subtle so it fades into the background but i still have the functionality)

Just a suggestion

Last edited:

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Robin? It's a bloated for quick things, but it shows promise. (It's still a work in progress...)

i found out how to send the sms messages via voice command. simply press the microphone button and make the command all at one time. for example, (press microphone button) "text <contact name> how about lunch later?", then it shows the message for sending.

launching apps is still something i need to figure out though...