Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Scratches on glass

I know I should have a screen protector, but I never got one and I notice I have a few scratches on the surface now. With the gorilla glass is this such a rare issue that I should be fine as long as I am careful. I hate screen protectors.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,569 Global Posts

Default Re: Scratches on glass

I hate screen protectors and have NEVER had a scratch on any phone screen. But that is because I always carry them in a protective belt holster. Most people that end up with scratches have them because of a drop or because they carry them in a non-empty pocket or purse.

Gorilla glass, like on the Evos, helps... but nothing can prevent all scratches on glass when the screen comes into contact with hard objects (especially metals).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    (especially metals).
    Or sand. A single grain in your pocket or purse can do a ton of damage to any screen (gorilla glass, or not).
    Thanked by:

Imaging leaving your screen unprotected with your keys in the same pocket/purse. Those sharp edges will have a field day on the screen.
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I bought a Zagg a few weeks back and have removed it several times trying to get it right, but I am amazed at how good the screen looks underneath compared to the first EVO LTE I had replaced with no screen protector everytime I take it off. They are expensive but I am now a believer.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Or sand. A single grain in your pocket or purse can do a ton of damage to any screen (gorilla glass, or not).
    Sand is the bog one. Most people think the scratches come from coins or keys, but that is rarely the case. Most keys and coins are not hard enough to scratch regular glass, let alone GG, without major pressure. 99% of scratches come from sand. There's grit everywhere. Also explains all the people who complain of scratches that have never had the phone come in contact with keys or coins.

Sent from my LTEVO

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Feech View Post
    I bought a Zagg a few weeks back and have removed it several times trying to get it right, but I am amazed at how good the screen looks underneath compared to the first EVO LTE I had replaced with no screen protector everytime I take it off. They are expensive but I am now a believer.
    Try the SGP Ultra Crystal. Best screen protectors on the market bar none. Completely clear and feels like glass

Sent from my LTEVO