Software update now available

hypercubexl

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Was this a limited time update or something? I see all the posts from september, but I never saw the update, and ringtones still ring as default even though they appear to be set to custom.

If I am expected to a factory reset to fix their error, and lose all my stuff, that is f*cking ridiculous.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Was this a limited time update or something? I see all the posts from september, but I never saw the update, and ringtones still ring as default even though they appear to be set to custom.

If I am expected to a factory reset to fix their error, and lose all my stuff, that is f*cking ridiculous.

What does "appear to be set to custom" mean? You either have contacts where you gave them their own personal ringtone or not.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Well if that's the case then a factory reset should fix it. It's not a hardware issue.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

I understand it's not a hardware issue. My question would be, since it can be a pain to get her phone set up again after a factory reset; would factory reset fix the ringtone problem or will it remain since she will be on the same build?

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The first update killed my custom ringtones, but there was another recent update that restored the feature. Is that update not available for your wife's phone? I had to manually request it to search for an HTC Software Update.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
The first update killed my custom ringtones, but there was another recent update that restored the feature. Is that update not available for your wife's phone? I had to manually request it to search for an HTC Software Update.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

She is running 2.13.651.1 710RD

Are you running something different?

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This is a problem for me as well I did the update it worked for a day now its back to ringing only HTC ringtones talk to sprint and was told that more the 30% of the evolte phone out the is still having this problem and we should have another update soon

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

hypercubexl

May 17, 2012
Visit site
My version says 2.13.651.1 710RD also, though I never downloaded a separate update..and still only rings with default.

By "appear to be set" btw, I meant, they're set to a custom ringtone, but don't ring using a custom ringtone. Hence only the appearance of it. :p

Considering the One X+ with jellybean is being released, maybe there will just be an overall update soon and this fix will be part of it. Or it won't and will break a bunch of other stuff. Yay.

mviars

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the reply but can anyone confirm this as I do not want to lose wifi thethering. I do not use it often at all but when I need it I really need it and do not want to spend 30+ dollars a month for something I use maybe once every 6 months for maybe an hour.