Software update now available

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and no update either.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

It was more like an app update,, your phone may have updated it on it's own. One way to see is set a personal ringtone for one of your contacts,, have them call you. If the personal ringtone works then your phone updated. That's all it was. Was released last week.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
that's the software version I have, but I received no notification of an update being installed, and the ringtone bug still exists- why do you think that version is an update?
was it posted somewhere and I missed it?
thanks

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I manually installed the update a few weeks ago when it first came out and that's now my software version. If ring tones are not working then do a factory reset. Apparently your phone updated. Again it was more like a app update,, very quick. Could have updated with out you noticing.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
...If the personal ringtone works then your phone updated...EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

My wife's personal ringtones worked out of the box (purchased opening day). However, she received the update a couple of nights ago and now her ring tones do not work. That's frustrating.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife's personal ringtones worked out of the box (purchased opening day). However, she received the update a couple of nights ago and now her ring tones do not work. That's frustrating.

Well if that's the case then a factory reset should fix it. It's not a hardware issue.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE