Trouble Sending text messages

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My HTC EVO LTE won't send text messages. I can receive them very quickly, but when I try to send them, I get the clock symbol with "pending" as the status. It stays that way for hours and never sends. I contacted Sprint, and they couldn't figure it out.

I've tried turning the phone off for a long time on two different occasions.

I tried "Firmware update", "update profile", and "update PRL" but they all say it couldn't be performed and to try again later. Sprint just recommended updating the profile.

I have 4 out of 5 bars right now, and the roaming symbol is on the top bar (I shouldn't be roaming here). 3G is blacked out.

In Settings, Mobile Network says "Disconnected because service is unavailable" but it shows ON with green next to it. I've tried turning it on and off.

H E L P !

I need to be able to send text messages at work!

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Seems as though u are having the same texting issue as a lot of folks. Happened to me a couple of weeks after launch date. Sprint just replaced my phone since they couldn't fix the problem.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Really? It has to be related to some kind of update because it just started yesterday. I have most of my original apps on automatic update. I hope someone has a fix for this. I don't want to get a new phone over a silly texting issue, but it is annoying not being able to send a message.

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I fixed it.
It isn't a network issue. It was a messed up setting on the phone. I was getting error code 1233 when I would try to update my profile and PRL. I had tried changing settings and rebooting over and over.

I turned all connections off, including GPS, WIFI, mobile network, etc. Then, I turned ON airplane mode. I held the power button down and hit "Restart phone" and let it boot. When it rebooted, all of my failed sent messages automatically sent, and my wife's phone beeped right next to me where she had gotten a message from 8 hours ago. Sprint couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, and they said that the towers in my area were working fine.

D3on

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey I coundnt send or recieve text messages. I called sprint twice because I got disconnected the first time. But the lady help me out. She told me to restart my phone then go to the dialer and dial a number and a password after thaot. Then it reset the network settings in the phone. And restart phone again everything working okay now. The first person act like he didnt know what to either had me on hold for like 20 minutes.

Nick4208

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me a few days and and again this morning. I did a soft reset and it fixes it for a little while. I think it was early August I was not able to receiving or able to send text messages, I called Sprint and they reset my network.

zakjob

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Shut off all the modems (Wifi Bluetooth and MObile Network)
Turn on Airplane mode
Reboot by holding power button
Turn device on
Turn off Airplane mode

Worked for me!

EVO LTE

Maddie Taylor

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
when you rebooted it. did it mess up your phone like delete anything like pictures and stuf?

- - - Updated - - -

did it delete your pictures or anything?

Gloria Peterson

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Really? It has to be related to some kind of update because it just started yesterday. I have most of my original apps on automatic update. I hope someone has a fix for this. I don't want to get a new phone over a silly texting issue, but it is annoying not being able to send a message.

O

- - - Updated - - -

I can't send any messages service not available?

nicenick27

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me! Although, its a little sad I had to come to a message board after 30 minutes on the phone with Sprint w/ no resolution.

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Another simple solution is to go to the Sprint Zone form your mobile device that's not working.
Then, tap
>Help
>Dashboard
>Voice Network
>Update Profile
when the profile is finished updating,
>Ok
>Network PRL
let the PRL finish updating
>Ok

This solved my problem immediately.

snowman

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine stopped receiving calls and texts a few days ago. Not sure why. I did the prl, profile etc updates. Restart and still won't receive calls and texts until you place a call from the phone. Then all the missed text messages come through. Any ideas?

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone was 'bumped' off the network (unable to send or receive calls & texts) with the latest Facebook Messenger update. I've had to uninstall Facebook Messenger (for now). Then, when I updated the network profile & PRL the problems were gone.

Sandra Chin

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am facing the same issue as well. May you lead me step by step to get it done? I am confused with the 'sprint zone form' that you mentioned above, I couldn't find anytjing for me to TAP all those words.
Thanks& regards.

JockDoc19

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The "airplane mode" reset described below worked for me in that messages now send and the clock-like "pending icon is no longer there. However all my sent messages still have a red exclamation point icon next to them...any clue what that is about?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000