Where's the Evo 4G LTE?

platinumrugg

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
The EVO is a much better phone than the S3. Better signal, better interface, MUCH better screen.

Sprint should advertise the crap out of the EVO. It's the best phone they have.

Not with all the connectivity issues it has. Something as simple as signal should not be a major deal breaker for a phone nowadays.

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, the evo lte was only built for sprint and its subsidiaries, no other carrier out there sells the evo lte, not just domestically. Because of this, we are left in the dark. We all know our phone is the same as the Htc One X, with a much better build quality, kick stand, and expandable memory, I basically interpret every bit of one x news as to be applicable to my device. The one x and S3 are sold by every carrier practically.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The one x and S3 are sold by every carrier practically.
It would be more precise to say that of the "One series" instead of the "One X," specifically. AT&T carries the One X, and Sprint has the closest equivalent in the US with the Evo LTE. T-Mobile only has the One S, and Verizon has no One series equivalent (yet). In Canada, I believe only Rogers carries the One X.

Last edited:

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, the evo lte was only built for sprint and its subsidiaries, no other carrier out there sells the evo lte, not just domestically. Because of this, we are left in the dark. We all know our phone is the same as the Htc One X, with a much better build quality, kick stand, and expandable memory, I basically interpret every bit of one x news as to be applicable to my device. The one x and S3 are sold by every carrier practically.

It was 3 weeks for the EVOLTE to get 4.04. Hopefully the same for JB!

cavaroni

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd agree with most people on here... it's not that we care if the phone is popular or not but popularity goes a long way to getting a custom ROM. I’ve got the phone rooted with Mean Rom and it works absolutely great. If there was more hype for it, I think we’d see a JB update sooner than later!

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I love my new EVO. I like Sense much better than motoblur or the Samsung skin. I owned the original EVO and thought it was the best phone for me at the time I bought it up until I traded up to the 4g lte. I compared this phone against the S3, the iPhone, and the Nexus. Unfortunately, I've lost all love for HTC. Their deliberate dissing of the EVO for a jelly bean update is insulting. The One series gets an announcement two months ago. EVO, Nada. I'll probably go for a Nexus next time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everyone . I love me evo and wouldn't trade it for another phone out there its a great phone and it doesn't get the recognition it deserves but I guess only the evo owners understand what everyone else is missing .

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I love my new EVO. I like Sense much better than motoblur or the Samsung skin. I owned the original EVO and thought it was the best phone for me at the time I bought it up until I traded up to the 4g lte. I compared this phone against the S3, the iPhone, and the Nexus. Unfortunately, I've lost all love for HTC. Their deliberate dissing of the EVO for a jelly bean update is insulting. The One series gets an announcement two months ago. EVO, Nada. I'll probably go for a Nexus next time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

This is just stupid. We will get JB. Just because they haven't made an announcement yet your threatening to jump ship. Jump away. You can have a crappy Nexus and you might even get your announcement for Apple Dumpling before us HTC owners. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

longbong

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying you know 100% that the EVO LTE is going to get JB? Might be going out on a limb here, but I hope that you are right! I agree though it does piss me the hell off that the one x etc is getting.all the love. Fags.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying you know 100% that the EVO LTE is going to get JB? Might be going out on a limb here, but I hope that you are right! I agree though it does piss me the hell off that the one x etc is getting.all the love. Fags.

I'll go out on an limb and say evo is getting jb. Not really a dangerous limb. Why wouldn't it get it, lol.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
This question came up for me as well. For awhile there the EVO 4G LTE wasn't even listed on the HTC site.

I thought that was weird enough.

Then I had an issue a few weeks ago when an update resulted in my phone not texting or phone calling. I stopped in the Sprint store to discuss the issue. I handed my caseless phone and its unique back-side stripe to the clerk. He turned the phone over a couple of times and asked 'which HTC phone is this?'.

I wasn't sure of what to think. My first thought was 'what rock did you just come out from under?'. I mean, the store was still wrapped in HTC EVO 4G LTE ads... but it was an example of how the once premier phone is totally given Cinderella treatment.

I love my phone. Just wish for HTC to do better in the market than they have been.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
This question came up for me as well. For awhile there the EVO 4G LTE wasn't even listed on the HTC site.

I thought that was weird enough.

Then I had an issue a few weeks ago when an update resulted in my phone not texting or phone calling. I stopped in the Sprint store to discuss the issue. I handed my caseless phone and its unique back-side stripe to the clerk. He turned the phone over a couple of times and asked 'which HTC phone is this?'.

I wasn't sure of what to think. My first thought was 'what rock did you just come out from under?'. I mean, the store was still wrapped in HTC EVO 4G LTE ads... but it was an example of how the once premier phone is totally given Cinderella treatment.

I love my phone. Just wish for HTC to do better in the market than they have been.

I think that was more an example of a idiot sales rep if you ask me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It would be more precise to say that of the "One series" instead of the "One X," specifically. AT&T carries the One X, and Sprint has the closest equivalent in the US with the Evo LTE. T-Mobile only has the One S, and Verizon has no One series equivalent (yet). In Canada, I believe only Rogers carries the One X.

Yeah and the EVO is essentially an improved version of the one x.

It's the phone the original one x could have been - sd card, bigger battery, kickstand etc.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Did HTC ever say when the att one xl would get jb because I thought the announcement was only for the international variants of their phones and to me it would be dumb for HTC to say when their going to push out the update when they don't know when sprint will approve it. But my guess is we will get the update soon after the att one xl does which should be within the next month or so if I had to guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol