Where's the Evo 4G LTE?

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Sprint, HTC and the public have officially turned their backs on the Evo 4g lte. The single commercial that used to air no longer can be found on TV. No more stories on Android websites. Not one youtube or web comparison of the 4G LTE with the iphone 5 or Lumia 920. Every comparison of the iphone5 is with the Samsung S3 and some with the Lumia. S3 has new commercials.
What happened to 4gLTe? Why is it no longer in any conversation?

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
It really is tragic for such a great phone. One of the reasons I am trading for an s3 today. I figured it has a higher resale value and will most likely get jelly bean first. I'll miss this forum for sure though! Maybe I'll share some of my comparisons later.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I never saw any EVO commercials. Then again I can't remember the last time I watched cable.

But the EVO is a better phone than the galaxy.

One thing I always noticed with my be,us. OLED was the screen fade. It use to kill me.

When I looked in the store at the s3 they have this video that's always playing. On the top it had a Samsung logo that was constantly there. You could see the fade out and the samsung logo from a mike away. It was horrible.

And that was only no more than 2 weeks after they got the phone.

I don't think ill ever buy an OLED screen again.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Sprint, HTC and the public have officially turned their backs on the Evo 4g lte. The single commercial that used to air no longer can be found on TV. No more stories on Android websites. Not one youtube or web comparison of the 4G LTE with the iphone 5 or Lumia 920. Every comparison of the iphone5 is with the Samsung S3 and some with the Lumia. S3 has new commercials.
What happened to 4gLTe? Why is it no longer in any conversation?

Sprint is choosing to concentrate their advertising on their plan rates rather than phones and has done that for a while so that shouldn't be surprising. Remember for them it doesn't matter what phone you use so they ran an add for an "exclusive" phone for a couple months, but now 4+ months later there is really no point for them to push the Evo any more.

HTC didn't produce a single commercial as far as I know, so nothings changed there.

As for the public with YouTube videos, it's more an Android vs iPhone comparison these days, so it makes sense they concentrate on the S III as it's a cross-carrier device.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The EVO is a much better phone than the S3. Better signal, better interface, MUCH better screen.

Sprint should advertise the crap out of the EVO. It's the best phone they have.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Seems like many people on these forums love a phone until they realize its not the most popular phone, then it's no good anymore. They must get rid of it. I had the previous big 2 from Sprint /htc,, the original and the 3D. Both phones worked perfectly for me,, no issues at all. My thinking is "this brand has worked for me so why not continue with it until it fails me" . Thus far this is by far the best and I am very happy with it. I do not care about commercials /comments /or how many people have it. I love this device,, I like sense And that's good enough for me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Pop culture and it's accompanying herd instinct so often has little to do with what is good or what has real value.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Seems like many people on these forums love a phone until they realize its not the most popular phone, then it's no good anymore. They must get rid of it. I had the previous big 2 from Sprint /htc,, the original and the 3D. Both phones worked perfectly for me,, no issues at all. My thinking is "this brand has worked for me so why not continue with it until it fails me" . Thus far this is by far the best and I am very happy with it. I do not care about commercials /comments /or how many people have it. I love this device,, I like sense And that's good enough for me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

The popularity of a phone does have a direct bearing on the amount of support from the dev community as far as how much support it will get with custom ROMS and whatnot.

The stock setup is fine for me once they made the multi-tasking better, but I can understand why it bothers some people.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I despise commercials and cut cable/satellite off years ago so I could care less. However I do think it's crap that we arent included in press releases for updates.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine is working great and that's all that really concerns me. If it gets the jb update I'll be completely happy support wise but regardless its an excellent phone as is. How it performs and fits your needs is what should concern someone not how popular it is.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
This is a better phone than the GS3 in my humble opinion - Screen + Sense seals the deal. However, the S3 is also a great phone, and if you're planning on upgrading every year, resale value is a very real pro to the phone.

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Geez - it has only been a couple of months - but I completely forgot about that commercial. I loved it.

I am still wondering what the app is that allows you to play the dub-step style music (towards the end at the :25 mark).

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I've never seen a commercial and never needed to. Loved this phone since I saw it on phonescoop.com. :D

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone through and through and mikey xda is always hard at work on mean rom

rob060

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It's crazy how much Samsung has everyone by the balls. Whenever I hear people talking about new phones, all I hear mentioned is the s3. I try to say how the evo has a better screen, camera, battery life, but it's like they don't even give a .

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Met a kid at school yesterday with an EVO LTE, we spent the entire period discussing the EVO and it's history, and how awesome it is. lol

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
As long as HTC doesn't suddenly drop support for the phone, I'm happy.

Would I like to see more Sprint/HTC put up greater effort to promote the phone? Sure. But only because I want HTC to do well.

Right now, there are two things I'd like to see happen in relation to this phone:

1. Sprint's LTE coverage in my neck of the woods. I knew going in that it wouldn't be available for a while, but as there is WiMAX coverage here, it'd be nice to actually hit speeds similar to my OG Evo.
  2. Jelly Bean. I'd love to see the Project Butter improvements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles