Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where's the Evo 4G LTE?

Looks like Sprint, HTC and the public have officially turned their backs on the Evo 4g lte. The single commercial that used to air no longer can be found on TV. No more stories on Android websites. Not one youtube or web comparison of the 4G LTE with the iphone 5 or Lumia 920. Every comparison of the iphone5 is with the Samsung S3 and some with the Lumia. S3 has new commercials.
    What happened to 4gLTe? Why is it no longer in any conversation?
    The best revenge against haters is massive success!

Default Re: Where's the Evo 4G LTE?

It really is tragic for such a great phone. One of the reasons I am trading for an s3 today. I figured it has a higher resale value and will most likely get jelly bean first. I'll miss this forum for sure though! Maybe I'll share some of my comparisons later.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

I never saw any EVO commercials. Then again I can't remember the last time I watched cable.

But the EVO is a better phone than the galaxy.

One thing I always noticed with my be,us. OLED was the screen fade. It use to kill me.

When I looked in the store at the s3 they have this video that's always playing. On the top it had a Samsung logo that was constantly there. You could see the fade out and the samsung logo from a mike away. It was horrible.

And that was only no more than 2 weeks after they got the phone.

I don't think ill ever buy an OLED screen again.

your right..havent seeen and evo LTE commercial...i guess the bigger question is ..whe will we ALL have LTE?! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    Looks like Sprint, HTC and the public have officially turned their backs on the Evo 4g lte. The single commercial that used to air no longer can be found on TV. No more stories on Android websites. Not one youtube or web comparison of the 4G LTE with the iphone 5 or Lumia 920. Every comparison of the iphone5 is with the Samsung S3 and some with the Lumia. S3 has new commercials.
    What happened to 4gLTe? Why is it no longer in any conversation?
    Sprint is choosing to concentrate their advertising on their plan rates rather than phones and has done that for a while so that shouldn't be surprising. Remember for them it doesn't matter what phone you use so they ran an add for an "exclusive" phone for a couple months, but now 4+ months later there is really no point for them to push the Evo any more.

HTC didn't produce a single commercial as far as I know, so nothings changed there.

As for the public with YouTube videos, it's more an Android vs iPhone comparison these days, so it makes sense they concentrate on the S III as it's a cross-carrier device.

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

The EVO is a much better phone than the S3. Better signal, better interface, MUCH better screen.

Sprint should advertise the crap out of the EVO. It's the best phone they have.

Seems like many people on these forums love a phone until they realize its not the most popular phone, then it's no good anymore. They must get rid of it. I had the previous big 2 from Sprint /htc,, the original and the 3D. Both phones worked perfectly for me,, no issues at all. My thinking is "this brand has worked for me so why not continue with it until it fails me" . Thus far this is by far the best and I am very happy with it. I do not care about commercials /comments /or how many people have it. I love this device,, I like sense And that's good enough for me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    susanoo26, top magoo and Pew446 like this.

Pop culture and it's accompanying herd instinct so often has little to do with what is good or what has real value.

HTC EVO 4G LTE
    cmandd, tiggrev, zmann and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Seems like many people on these forums love a phone until they realize its not the most popular phone, then it's no good anymore. They must get rid of it. I had the previous big 2 from Sprint /htc,, the original and the 3D. Both phones worked perfectly for me,, no issues at all. My thinking is "this brand has worked for me so why not continue with it until it fails me" . Thus far this is by far the best and I am very happy with it. I do not care about commercials /comments /or how many people have it. I love this device,, I like sense And that's good enough for me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    The popularity of a phone does have a direct bearing on the amount of support from the dev community as far as how much support it will get with custom ROMS and whatnot.

The stock setup is fine for me once they made the multi-tasking better, but I can understand why it bothers some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    HTC didn't produce a single commercial as far as I know, so nothings changed there.

I don't know if it's still in heavy rotation, but I used to see this fairly often. On network television, no less.

I despise commercials and cut cable/satellite off years ago so I could care less. However I do think it's crap that we arent included in press releases for updates.

Mine is working great and that's all that really concerns me. If it gets the jb update I'll be completely happy support wise but regardless its an excellent phone as is. How it performs and fits your needs is what should concern someone not how popular it is.

delthor7 likes this.

This is a better phone than the GS3 in my humble opinion - Screen + Sense seals the deal. However, the S3 is also a great phone, and if you're planning on upgrading every year, resale value is a very real pro to the phone.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Geez - it has only been a couple of months - but I completely forgot about that commercial. I loved it.

I am still wondering what the app is that allows you to play the dub-step style music (towards the end at the :25 mark).

I've never seen a commercial and never needed to. Loved this phone since I saw it on phonescoop.com.

I love this phone through and through and mikey xda is always hard at work on mean rom

Quote Originally Posted by AdamW View Post

I don't know if it's still in heavy rotation, but I used to see this fairly often. On network television, no less.
    Yeah but that's a Sprint commercial, not HTC.

It's crazy how much Samsung has everyone by the balls. Whenever I hear people talking about new phones, all I hear mentioned is the s3. I try to say how the evo has a better screen, camera, battery life, but it's like they don't even give a .

Met a kid at school yesterday with an EVO LTE, we spent the entire period discussing the EVO and it's history, and how awesome it is. lol

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

As long as HTC doesn't suddenly drop support for the phone, I'm happy.

Would I like to see more Sprint/HTC put up greater effort to promote the phone? Sure. But only because I want HTC to do well.

Right now, there are two things I'd like to see happen in relation to this phone:

1. Sprint's LTE coverage in my neck of the woods. I knew going in that it wouldn't be available for a while, but as there is WiMAX coverage here, it'd be nice to actually hit speeds similar to my OG Evo.
    2. Jelly Bean. I'd love to see the Project Butter improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    The EVO is a much better phone than the S3. Better signal, better interface, MUCH better screen.

Sprint should advertise the crap out of the EVO. It's the best phone they have.
    Not with all the connectivity issues it has. Something as simple as signal should not be a major deal breaker for a phone nowadays.

As far as I know, the evo lte was only built for sprint and its subsidiaries, no other carrier out there sells the evo lte, not just domestically. Because of this, we are left in the dark. We all know our phone is the same as the Htc One X, with a much better build quality, kick stand, and expandable memory, I basically interpret every bit of one x news as to be applicable to my device. The one x and S3 are sold by every carrier practically.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magman007 View Post
    The one x and S3 are sold by every carrier practically.
    It would be more precise to say that of the "One series" instead of the "One X," specifically. AT&T carries the One X, and Sprint has the closest equivalent in the US with the Evo LTE. T-Mobile only has the One S, and Verizon has no One series equivalent (yet). In Canada, I believe only Rogers carries the One X.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-02-2012 at 05:38 AM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Where's the EVO 4G LTE?

Not on Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by Magman007 View Post
    As far as I know, the evo lte was only built for sprint and its subsidiaries, no other carrier out there sells the evo lte, not just domestically. Because of this, we are left in the dark. We all know our phone is the same as the Htc One X, with a much better build quality, kick stand, and expandable memory, I basically interpret every bit of one x news as to be applicable to my device. The one x and S3 are sold by every carrier practically.
    It was 3 weeks for the EVOLTE to get 4.04. Hopefully the same for JB!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast