Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Equalizers that integrate into music player

Are there any equalizers that integrate into the stock music player like HTC Beats? I've been really bummed ever since the latest Sense update where they took away 7 or 8 different equalizer options. I'm looking for something that integrate because I'd like to change setting while I'm in the Car Dock mode. All equalizers I've seen would require exiting car mode, changing the setting, and then re-entering car mode.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Equalizers that integrate into music player

I contacted HTC and here's what they said:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC email tech support. I understand the importance of having an equalizer on the phone, so that you can have the best audio experience.

I will be happy provide more information on this Anthony. As you mentioned the equalizer was removed with the recent update. I will be happy to forward on your concerns about this to our Research and Development team, so they can take it into consideration to re-add the equalizer to the phones in a future update."

I sure do hope they re-add it. I know I can't be the only one out there bummed that they took this functionality away.

I use power Amp on my og evo out was much better than stock player but on the lte except for the equalizer its really similar

For something you can mess with from the car dock I believe your only hope is to find a custom rom that kept it in after the update. You might be able to find a mod you can flash though which will only require root. I'd check over at xda.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I somehow wonder if the coding for the equalizer was giving people all these bluetooth audio issues. I can't think of any valid reason why they would remove it.

You should try xplay. It is real good and it has different. Settings

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums