Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Boot Loop Noooo! :'(

Just want to add another data point. Random boot loop started yesterday when I was in Baltimore. Will try reset after I charge it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by smgoma View Post
    Just want to add another data point. Random boot loop started yesterday when I was in Baltimore. Will try reset after I charge it back up.
    Had to factory reset. Just add that everything was stock.

This same exact scenario happened to me a little over a month ago. I had used the phone all day with no issues, then I turned on wi-fi using the stock widget when it went in to continuous boot loop. I ended up getting a replacement phone sent to me a few days later, but this is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard of this happening, so it is obviously more than a coincidence.

Add me to the Boot Loop Club. This just happened to me yesterday while I was eating dinner at a restaurant. My phone felt hot in my pockets and when I took it out, I noticed it was continuously rebooting. After the restaurant, I went straight to a nearby Sprint Store. The Sprint Rep spent 10 minutes trying to fix it in front of me, but no dice. He told me he would have to do a factory reset and I said fine. He then went to the back, did his thing, flushed the toilet, washed his hands, and brought it back to me factory restored. I was just kidding about the flushing the toilet and washing hand part, of course. That's the only reason I can think of to why they would go to the back. :P

Anyways, just wanted to share my Boot Loop experience. And for those wondering, my phone wasn't rooted.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Add another to the list of random boot loop club, had to do the power/volume combination to do a factory reset. Never been rooted, wasn't doing anything with my phone when that happened. I hope this doesn't happen again or else I'll be looking for another phone.

Make it another...I had been having Wi-Fi issues all day at work, then when I stepped out the door...bam reboot loop. I managed to get it to power off for about 15 minutes until I tried it again, and still reboot loop...Never been rooted, and all updates were applied. I ended up holding volume down on one of the times it rebooted, removed the SD card and performed a clear storage from the boot loader.

However it seems happier after that process in general.

Yup, one more boot loop here. Only way out was factory reset.

Makes me miss my old Palm Treo that had true and easy backup of everything - everything, settings, contacts, apps, data,the works saved on the SD card just hit restore and everything was just as before. Heck, could even swap the card into a new Treo and it was instantly exactly the same as your old one. Ah, the days...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Pilot - Visor - Moto - Treo 300 - Treo 650 - Treo 755 - Pre - Evo - Evo 4g LTE - NOTE 2

ROM
    stock

Mine randomly restarts a couple of times (mostly when wifi is on), then starts bootlooping . Rooted & s-off but using stock ROM. Generally I reset the phone & restore the latest working TWRP backup - I lose a few texts & have to update a few programs, but it seems to run fine after that.

If this happens again, I'm unrooting & returning the phone (it's a shame, because I may not be able to get s-off on a new phone).

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Add another horror story to the boot loop mayhem. I turned on my WiFi and got boot looped. But I had just did a master reset days ago and didn't want to go through it again. So I clicked the recovery option on the boot menu. Major mistake. Lost all my pics. I could cry about that. An entire summer of pics Gone! If anyone has an idea on getting them back drop it here because that would be like winning the lotto to me right now.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fastkx125 View Post
    Add another horror story to the boot loop mayhem. I turned on my WiFi and got boot looped. But I had just did a master reset days ago and didn't want to go through it again. So I clicked the recovery option on the boot menu. Major mistake. Lost all my pics. I could cry about that. An entire summer of pics Gone! If anyone has an idea on getting them back drop it here because that would be like winning the lotto to me right now.
    Were you doing the auto upload to your G+ account from your phone? Your pictures may be there. I'm not sure why your reset also wiped out your SD card.
    Palm Pilot Pro->Palm V->BlackBerry 8100->PalmTreo650->PalmTreo680->OG iPhone->Palm Pre->OG Evo4G->EVO4GLTE,HTC ONE!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

No I wasn't syncing with Google+ I didn't know I could. And I don't have a SD card. I'm going to get one soon.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

count me in. last week i went to take a pic and the damn thing froze up and went into a boot loop. only way out was factory reset. what's going on here?
    btw, stock, not rooted.

Registered to post here and say that this is also happening to me. Not rooted, happened about 2 months ago doing nothing in particular and finally figured out how to get in the bootloader and factory reset. Thought that was the end of it but it started again today after it froze when trying to access my gmail from the unlock screen. Phone has been kept up to date, only have 8-10 apps installed on top of what the phone comes with. I like the phone otherwise, but this is pretty unacceptable and I wonder if getting a replacement would even be worth it if so many people are having the same issue. Way past the 14 day return now, anybody know what options I have for exchanging for a different phone with Sprint. I don't want to factory reset my phone every 2 months.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

If you go into a Sprint annoyed and angry but willing to cooperate, they'll probably replace your evo. Hopefully it's just a software issue, but it could be a specific batch of phones, and if that's the case, than getting a new one might fix the problem.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Another endless boot loop here. I was taking a picture and it suddenly rebooted and then proceeded to bootloop all day until it died. Plugged in phone at home and I'm back to bootlooping. Going to have to try a factory reset. What's going on with these phones???

I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Also happened while switching on the WiFi. I had to do a reset. Very annoying. I had not installed or changed anything in days. Unless it came from an app update. I am not and have not rooted this phone. I was hoping at least it might help with the contacts lagging issue, but it is slowly getting worse again.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

yep, same thing happened to me today. Phone was working fine, but then I got home and turned on WIFI and it started into this constant boot loop. I can reboot, and hold down the volume down rocker and it goes to some white screen with colored text, reboot, fast boot, reload bootloader etc., but none of those really do anything. Not really sure what is going on? from 1 minute to the next, phone is dead and useless, that seems pretty odd.

Anyone know what the text reboot screen settings can be used for to try and get a reboot to pass. Of course, this puppy isn't backed up, not settings, emails, corporate mails, apps, etc. Bummer, apple certainly has the advantage in this area.

update: whoops, well I guess I chose poorly at the bootloader screen. After several attempts, I chose "clear storage" thinking maybe something on the SD card might have impacted the phone. BOOM, that got me to reboot screen but EVERYTHING is just gone. No nothing, no settings, no email, apps, nothing. What a waste.

At this point, and now for only FUTURE USE. What is the best way to backup settings, email settings, PHONE settings, apps, etc so one can realistically not spend HOURS AND HOURS getting the phone setup again?
    Last edited by tivoboy; 11-18-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Add me to the fun, whiskey tango foxtrot over?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Quote Originally Posted by putertech View Post
    Add me to the fun, whiskey tango foxtrot over?
    WTF, indeed.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts

This is extremely disturbing. Not a single report like these until the last update. It sounds like something is corrupting the boot process. I hope you are all reporting these events to HTC...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Here is HTC's response;

We are sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your HTC Evo 4G LTE rebooting. While we do understand your concerns, internet postings regarding any issue does not mean that this is a known issue to HTC. We always encourage owners to contact us directly instead of posting on the internet so we can actually examine a concern to determine a resolution. We cannot verify the validity of an issue through forums posts. As it stands, we can provide some steps to help alleviate the issue if it occurs again after the reset you performed.

First, we can clear the device’s cache partition. This will not remove any personal data on the phone but will delete any temporary files that may be causing an issue, in case of corruption. We can clear the partition with the steps below:

1. Disable Fast Boot under Settings>Boot.
    2. Power the phone off.
    3. Press and Hold Volume Down then briefly press Power to turn the phone on. Do not release Volume Down until the phone boots a white screen with three images of the Android mascot.
    4. Use the volume keys to highlight Recovery and press Power to select. Screen will load to an image of a red triangle with an exclamation point.
    5. Press Volume Up and Power at the same time to show the Recovery Menu.
    6. Use volume keys to highlight “wipe cache partition” then press Power to select. This may take approximately 30 seconds depending on the amount of information it has to go through.
    7. When done, highlight the option to reboot/restart phone and again press Power to select.

Once the phone reboots, test the phone for a day or so to see if the issue persists.

Also, we recommend keeping track of which applications may be installed on the phone as it possible a third party program may be causing a conflict with the device function.

Quote Originally Posted by putertech View Post
    Here is HTC's response;

We are sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your HTC Evo 4G LTE
    Also, we recommend keeping track of which applications may be installed on the phone as it possible a third party program may be causing a conflict with the device function.
    Ugh, that's an irritating response for some reason. I did try the recovery option both times it happened to me, and it didn't do anything. Now my phone seems to be having trouble receiving calls but who knows if it's related.

Just happened to me. I went to turn on WiFi and phone locked up. Powered off and when turned back on started the endless loop of reboots. Had to factory default to get phone working again.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    stock

I had posted earlier in the thread about this problem. I had received a replacement phone for a different reason (screen cracked). All was well until I got to Thanksgiving dinner, turned on wifi to scan for a hotspot & then...bootloop . I'm rooted (s-off w/ lazypanda) but running stock ROM with baseband version 1.02.12.0427.

It looks like with a few exceptions, the common theme is wifi (on my previous phone, leaving wifi on would cause it to reboot for no reason). Anyone else have any ideas?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

how did you get them to send you a new phone...i nhad the same issue with my original evo and they did a hard reset and well warranty ran out and guess what? it did it again...i have an upgrade so i did that and now today my phone went in to bootloop....talk to htc and they want me to keep it in safemode...cant use the phone like it was intended to...whats the point right? oh btw im not rooted...any help would be appreciated thx
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast