Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Boot Loop Noooo! :'(

I noticed after resetting my phone that Flash Player was gone. Went to Google Play and I couldn't find it there either. It was just no longer available for the phone. I side-loaded without issue. But, just made me think it was all some sort of conspiracy. Lol. Maybe not.

If you need it, I'll get it posted for you. Just let me know.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

This just happened to me, hence why I'm here
    Last thing I did was turn on wifi also. Then boom. Totally stock and unrooted

did factory reset, and it did it again today, fml!
    now i have to deal with sprint, because all they going to do is another factory and tell me to run along. it happens when connecting to wifi it seems

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This same thing happened to me almost a week ago. I reset it a few times and nothing, then I tried to mess with recovery and nada. So I took it to sprint repair shop, they simply reflashed and reprogrammed everything as if it was a new phone. Haven't had a problem since. I reinstalled all the aps and have been loving life since.

I never thought they would be good for something but there is always a first. :-)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Angry Re: Boot Loop Noooo! :'(

Add me to the miserable stock-phone owners stuck in the boot loop. The wrinkle is that now it`s happened FOUR TIMES over the past 3 months - I`d return it but I`m traveling in Asia until the end of this week. The first time it happened after a month of ownership I had to factory reset it, but had most things backed up so was more dismayed than angry. A month ago on my trip when it happened I was able to somehow get it to reboot without losing everything via the fastboot option and then choosing something random, I think "unlock sim card" - and it rebooted to home screen with all my pics, etc intact. But the next time a month later it wouldn`t do anything but cycle reboot and needed to be factory reset - lost ALL my pics, vids, etc. that hadn`t been backed up to dropbox. That was a week ago, and then like each time before, it was working fine until I was doing a WiFi search last night (which it had done successfully dozens of times earlier), and now it`s back in the death spiral. I`m planning on just leaving it alone until I get home to NYC, but I have a bad feeling my new pics, videos, etc are all gone again, or soon will be. I love this phone when it works, but I absolutely hate this little "quirk". Seriously, unbelievable.

Add me to the club. My phone has randomly rebooted every week or so since I got it. But yesterday I turned on wifi and it went into the endless boot loop cycle.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,689 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gubd View Post
    Add me to the club. My phone has randomly rebooted every week or so since I got it. But yesterday I turned on wifi and it went into the endless boot loop cycle.
    But is this before or after Jellybean?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Add me to the list. Have been using the phone for months with no problem. Got home and activated WIFI and is started endless reboot cycle.
    This is PATHETIC. Had to do a factory reset and lost ALL my contacts, message history and everything. WHAT UTTER BS CRAP of a product.
    Based on all the others having this problem its CLEAR that HTC has a GENERIC HW/SW design flaw and won't admit it nor give us a better recovery menu that's even usable without doing lots of research.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

This started happening to me 2 days ago.... I have performed a factory reset 4 times within these 48hrs.

As stock and opting out of the updates available after the factory reset -- all it takes is turning the WiFi switch on and my phone returns to the endless reboot loop.

It has always been stock (never rooted) and I have not altered anything on my phone (external or internal) with exception of using the Otterbox Defender case. It is now out of the case, as I was thinking it was a possible overheating issue, the phone still refuses to allow me to utilize a WiFi connection.

Keep in mind, turning the WiFi on, I am referring to never having a saved connection on my phone, the phone doesn't even have a chance to inform me that there are connections available before the bootloop begins.

For me, if I want to keep my phone alive, I just have to leave the WiFi off until I can get in touch with Sprint or HTC within the next couple days and hope for an exchange or fix better than just another factory reset.

Yep... Me too, this has been going on for awhile now and I tried a factory reset and everything. It's getting progressively worse and It's now to the point where I cant even use the phone that I pay a $90 phone bill towards. I'm going to go into sprint tomorrow and ask but I highly doubt they'll help at all. I think we should all get a coalition and complain to these thieves about this seemingly reoccurring problem to many. It's obvious that there should be some kind of recall or courtesy fix to people that are outside their warranty and pay their overpriced bills on time.

This happened with me while on a trip in New York alone from activating wifi. I called HTC and the best advice they could offer was: "Wait for an update and I can't tell you when." What a joke.. I tried every strategy offered on this thread. Unfortunately, I had to factory reset to get out of it. After reset, I made the mistake of bumping into the "turn wifi on button." The result: A second boot loop. So thinking I had nothing to lose after recovering from the second boot loop I turned wifi on and nothing happened. After that, I've been using wifi almost all day and there haven't been any boot loops. There isn't a workaround, just reset.

my unrooted gingerbread phone is on a boot loop and it's recovery doesnt have a reset option, just some phone tests. help!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123