Boot Loop Noooo! :'(

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My poor Evo 4G LTE is stuck in a boot loop. I downloaded Google Drive, clicked to open and it's been in a boot loop ever since.

Any suggestions short of Factory Reset?

Thanks.

Sent from ASUS Transformer TF101 via Android Central Forums App.

ginglish

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a "simulated battery pull" Hold power button down for 15-20 sec, wait for pop-up and keep holding until it resets.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I did. Though I didn't know it would make a difference.

Took it to Sprint and they gave me the "Fill this out and wait while we reset it." I walked out and did it myself. In the process of getting it setup now.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine just randomly did this tonight. Never been rooted. Last thing I did was turn WiFi on and a few seconds later infinite boot loop began. Did simulated battery pull. What else can I do. How can I perform a factory reset if the phone never boots up? PLEASE HELP?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the screen to go all black then quickly press and hold both the volume down and power button.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Thats very weird. You should definitely complain to HTC about that. Boot looping when not rooted sounds like a massive issue to me.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Wait for the screen to go all black then quickly press and hold both the volume down and power button.

Thanks a bunch. I wasn't looking forward to taking it in to sprint tomorrow. Everything is back up and running now. Just had to reinstall everything :eek:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you guys do the latest ota update? And download htcs software from HTC .com and see if you can hook it to the computer and do anything so not rooted and boot looping wow

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you guys do the latest ota update? And download htcs software from HTC .com and see if you can hook it to the computer and do anything so not rooted and boot looping wow

Yes, I did do the latest updates. The one that broke ringer personalization followed by the small update that fixed it.

I didn't do anything with HTC.com. I did connect it to my computer as a disk drive. But, that was before I ran into the boot looping issue.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
May be something you put onto it hmmmmm try this power and volume down should go into an h boot screen use the volume to toggle and see if disabling fast boot helps?? Or better yet go to recovery and see if it will pull it up good luck!!
I fixed my co workers evo 3d like that

DLDude

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Just want to add a name to the boot loop list. Literally was doing nothing today and the phone went into it. It's been weird with call connections and text message sending over the past 4 days, but I blamed Sprint for it. Now my options are to lose all of my data and pray it doesn't happen again (yeah right), or buy a new phone since 1 month puts it out of sprint's hands and into HTC's. It's bull. It's all such bull. I don't know why I or anyone puts up with Sprint anymore.

JirafaBo

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Add another to the list. My poor girl was at the UCF football game, turned on wifi just to see if it was available, went directly into boot loop. She's calling me from friends phone asking how to fix. She's NOT gonna be happy when I tell her she has to hard reset. Lots of pictures and stuff will be lost. Complete Bull$hit, especially bc of the non-removable battery.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
She shouldn't loose any pictures just apps and data like phone call log and text should be lost wiping it. Great habit to get into is periodically hit menu while in the messaging app and back up your messages to your sdcard

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463