1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default anyone switch to S3 from EVO LTE question

I'm thinking about going to the S3 from a EVO LTE. I don't care about lab tests, i would like to hear from users who went to the S3 from the EVO LTE. I'd like their opinions, the pros & cons. I'm with Spint & no 4g/LTE. I have a friend that has the S3 on Verizon, there is no comparison to the 2 in my opinion. His is crystal clear & plays You Tube videos with no lag. My EVO LTE will not even play the same video he plays on YouTube. Just would like opinions from someone who switch from the EVO to the S3. I'm looking to switch to Verizon from Sprint as well.

Default Re: anyone switch to S3 from EVO LTE question

I haven't and won't switch, but go to the S 111 forum click on Verizon and check it out
    EVO 4G LTE
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Can you be more specifice on the post? All the reviews i've read are favorable, not saying the reviews compare it to the EVO LTE. The comparisons are favorable to both. Each have pros/cons.

I wouldn't own a Samsung phone!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by coalming View Post
    I haven't and won't switch, but go to the S 111 forum click on Verizon and check it out
    EVO 4G LTE
    I need the post you are referring to. Please.

The same forum only hit Samsung,then s 3, verizon, not a post there specific forum, glance thru and find out what users are saying, they are good phones, I'm not making any distinction between them
    EVO 4G LTE

They're both great phones, and perform very similarly in everyday use. Very similar battery life and camera. I didn't to use the S3 long enough to get an accurate assessment of its battery life, but it's very good, just like the EVOs. The EVO has a superior screen, this is a clear-cut advantage. The S3 has a removable battery. I value the screen more, and like Sense over Touchwiz, so I stuck with the EVO.

I did not switch from EVO to S3 but my sister has an S3 its definitely a nice phone except for the garbage screen. If you are a millionaire then go ahead and buy an S3 and switch to verizon it will cost you a pretty penny to say the least but if you got the $$$ no reason not to since you clearly want to. You won't see an improvement from one phone to the other except of course the screen, the difference will be Verizons LTE which is sweet to bad they will charge you up the arse when you go over that data limit.

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyEvoAce View Post
    I did not switch from EVO to S3 but my sister has an S3 its definitely a nice phone except for the garbage screen. If you are a millionaire then go ahead and buy an S3 and switch to verizon it will cost you a pretty penny to say the least but if you got the $$$ no reason not to since you clearly want to. You won't see an improvement from one phone to the other except of course the screen, the difference will be Verizons LTE which is sweet to bad they will charge you up the arse when you go over that data limit.
    No need to go to Verizon,, sprint carries the s3.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    No need to go to Verizon,, sprint carries the s3.
    But his problem is not the phone. Overall, the S3 is not better than the Evo LTE. In fact, overall, they are extremely similar. Same speed, same graphics, same battery life, same size and shape, same weight, similar camera performance/spec, similar reception. Evo has a better screen, build, kickstand, and camera button vs. S3 has more memory and quick swap battery.

All his complaints are the *NETWORK*. And there is no question that, overall, Verizon is much better than Sprint when it comes to coverage and performance. But it is also a LOT more expensive. Maybe some day Sprint will have LTE everywhere and better data coverage; but for the 15 years I have been on Sprint, it has never been as good as Verizon. Sprint has great phones, good coverage, great pricing, great customer service, great policies (like unlimited data) and SOME areas with decent speed. Around here (and many other areas based on countless posts), we have never had 4G, and the 3G speeds have always been dismal and progressively worse year after year for the last several years.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Around here (and many other areas based on countless posts), we have never had 4G, and the 3G speeds have always been dismal and progressively worse year after year for the last several years.
    That right there says it all... In the area I live in the 3G has continually gotten worse and worse.....I have been with Sprint for many many years, but, I am about to jump ship.
    Their service has gotten so bad that at times my EVO is unusable.

The LTE is real flaky in my are too....One minute you'll have a good LTE signal...the next it's gone and you may not see the LTE signal till the next day, this has been going on for MANY weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasr1950 View Post
    His is crystal clear & plays You Tube videos with no lag. My EVO LTE will not even play the same video he plays on YouTube.
    Running on LTE will do that compared to upgrade 3g services. I play Youtube videos back on Wifi and quality is excellent. 3g automatically runs on low grade quality to not compromise streaming rates . We have to suck it up for awhile till our LTE services come. If you feel you cannot wait, no need for us to justify you staying on the Sprint network. Prepare yourself if you plan to jump over the Verizon network to have throttle back on their unlimited plan & extra fee paying bills online. In the end... Go where you'll be happy.
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    But his problem is not the phone. Overall, the S3 is not better than the Evo LTE. In fact, overall, they are extremely similar. Same speed, same graphics, same battery life, same size and shape, same weight, similar camera performance/spec, similar reception. Evo has a better screen, build, kickstand, and camera button vs. S3 has more memory and quick swap battery.

All his complaints are the *NETWORK*. And there is no question that, overall, Verizon is much better than Sprint when it comes to coverage and performance. But it is also a LOT more expensive. Maybe some day Sprint will have LTE everywhere and better data coverage; but for the 15 years I have been on Sprint, it has never been as good as Verizon. Sprint has great phones, good coverage, great pricing, great customer service, great policies (like unlimited data) and SOME areas with decent speed. Around here (and many other areas based on countless posts), we have never had 4G, and the 3G speeds have always been dismal and progressively worse year after year for the last several years.
    Ahhhhhh,, I see said the blind man

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

Camera shutter button was a huge sell for me comparing the S3 and Evo LTE. I use it all the time now. Previously I carried a small pocket digital camera in addition to my OG Evo because the pictures were terrible. (Shutter lag was #1 problem). This is so much better. The hardware button seals the deal. I also like Sense, but I'm starting to think HTC is caring less about user experience than putting a Beats logo on everything.