transfer files from EVO LTE to computer

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Depends. What kind of files are we talking here? Pictures and video are both transferable via USB if you plug it in and mount the storage. Local music, any downloaded files...basically the only thing you can't transfer via USB is some kind of file that an app may not actually save outside of its own data.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
There are several ways you can transfer files between your phone and your computer:

1. Via USB. If you have an external SD card, it can be mounted as an external drive. The phone's internal memory can be accessed through MTP.
  2. As email attachments, as you've found.
  3. Through Bluetooth. Connect your computer to your phone and use the Bluetooth FTP service.
  4. Through online storage services, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.; since we get 25 GB of free Dropbox space, might as well make use of it... The upside with this over email is that, once you've got it installed on your computer, it will be synced automatically, so you don't have to check your email and download the attachment.
  5. Through your home Wifi (LAN), using an app like AirDroid. With such apps running, you can access your phone through your computer's browser. AirDroid offers a lot more than file transfer, if you want, you can look for apps that will simply turn your phone into an FTP server accessible via LAN, though even among such apps I've found AirDroid to work better.
  6. If you've got an external SD card, and only need to access files on there, you can use a card reader to access the card directly, though you'll probably need an adapter.

And as kronosqq already noted, there are certain files you won't be able to transfer. Though if you've been sending them as email attachments, it's unlikely you were trying to transfer such files.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My computer does not recognize EVO LTE as USB drive.
I want to transfer pictures from the phoen to my computer.

I don't remember exactly, but you may have to install the drivers and/or HTC Sync. If you can't find it, you can always download it from HTC's website.

After you connect your phone to your computer via USB, change the connection type to "Media sync," and you should see a new device in "My Computer" called "Evo." That is where files saved in the phone's internal memory can be accessed via MTP.

...or you could try one of the alternatives I mentioned.

Chewieez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Use Dropbox and a file manager app of some sort. You'll be able to put anything on your phone or take anything off without using a cable.

Chewieez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Also when you first plug in your phone, make sure to change the setting to "Disk Drive" and not "Charge Only".

You may need drivers if you use a PC. I use a Mac and didn't need to install anything.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No dude....

This is what you do:

If you have an SD card that you want files off of, you select "Disk Drive" when you plug into computer.

If you want to get stuff directly off of your phone, you select "Media Sync" and there you go.

Easy.

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Try WiFi file exploer app its free
You open the app and type in the url on your computer and your set.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae