Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    I have to admit, I'm jelly of the Sprint S3's jellybean leak... Can only mean that it's coming soon. Meanwhile, we haven't heard a thing about Jellybean for the EVO LTE. We got a glimmer of hope when it was revealed that the One X+ would launch with it, but that's about it. Never woulda thought a year ago that Samsung would be beating us to the punch with updates...
  2. #2  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,257 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Well, let's reserve speculation until we see stuff actually happen... who knows what the future will bring.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  3. #3  
    Va1ha11a's Avatar
    Troll Headhunter

    Posts
    1,051 Posts
    ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Yeah, they may take their sweet time updating the sprint gs3 simply because they can.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    not in the least bit, the evo is a better device and will get jb in due time
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Not in a rush for JellyBean, and people who haven't even maxed out the use of ICS on their EVO LTE shouldn't be in a rush for it either......just my $.02

    There are people STILL using Gingerbread out there.....imaging how THEY feel about an update!!!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    HTC needs to step up n deliver JB asap sg3 has got us EVOdoers beet with their marketing n with the isheep5 out (not that its any challegen to us that know what's up with smartphones)HTC needs this update to stay competitive just sayin

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  
    geomatrix's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Yes I'm jealous, but I decided to pick up the EVO over the gs3 because of choice. There's nothing we can do but wait unfortunately. Seems that the tides have definitely turned, cause I remember bout 2 years ago Samsung was horrible with updates and HTC was rolling fairly well but I know they will get it right. I'm said it in another thread, Jelly Bean for Halloween

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by norbz View Post
    HTC needs to step up n deliver JB asap sg3 has got us EVOdoers beet with their marketing n with the isheep5 out (not that its any challegen to us that know what's up with smartphones)HTC needs this update to stay competitive just sayin

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    until now Sammy has been lazy with updates, so thats a good thing for people that own those devices, yeah they make cool and funny commercials poking fun at the iphone sheople that I get a kick out of, but the fact remains that their devices feel flimsy and cheap compared to htc imo, as I said earlier I"ll take my better built htc device and get jb later over that rubbish Samsung product
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Most definitely ill pick my solid EVO over the plastic galaxy 3 or the iphone4s+ anyday of the week

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Has htc fixed the multitasking problem? This was one of the main reasons why i had to part with htc and go with the s3. I do hope htc gets to build the next nexus. They're lcd2 display is the best hands down.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    While I am disappointed, you need to realize that the JB leak for S3 isn't an official release. We don't know exactly when it will official push out stateside.

    Also I had read that the One X is rumored to get JB by the end of Oct, plus with the sense 4.1 update it wad about 20 days after the One X received it that the EVO LTE did as well. So we could be looking at JB before thanksgiving IMO. Which isn't all that bad.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,257 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO28312 View Post
    Has htc fixed the multitasking problem? This was one of the main reasons why i had to part with htc and go with the s3. I do hope htc gets to build the next nexus. They're lcd2 display is the best hands down.
    There was no "fixed" or "broken" because it was not/is not a black and white issue. The problems with apps being pushed out of memory and then "reloading" have been reduced a LOT with the last update which freed up more available memory to the pool and with some other tweaked settings. It is a LOT better now. Probably comparable to my old Evo 3D/Evo 4G.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  13. #13  
    JobiWan144's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM ICS; may change

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    If you're impatient, you can always root, unlock, and flash CM 10. That's what I was using for about a month before I switched back to a Sense/ICS ROM. If you want to try it, it's a great daily driver.

    Then again, what I really want is not having to choose between having my cake (Sense's enhancements) or eating it (Jelly Bean). Can't wait for Sense 4+ to hit the EVO.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Yes they fixed the multitasking issue in the last update from what I can tell, I hit the home button using an app to go to another and when I go back to the previous it does not kill it off like it notoriously used to.

    Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    nope running cm10 and its working pretty good on this build.....
    My Wallpaper Collection!!! Updated 7/12/2011 (some NSFW)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/102508753250975172853/Wallpaper#
  16. #16  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Lmao about people still harping on the "cheap, plaistic" samsung's. Samsung phones are solid and have been for a long time. Hell, most phones are plastic, including most of HTCs. HTC's build quality gets very over hyped. I love my EVO LTE, but give it a rest beating on Samsung. They make great phones and are dominant. May not be able to even buy HTC much longer the rate they're going.

    Sent from my LTEVO
    Thanked by:
    LegalAmerican likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Samsung phones are solid and have been for a long time.
    lol I think youre a bit off on the long time statement, my old Galaxy SII Epic touch was pretty cheap feeling and that phone isnt a year old yet is it? maybe theyve stepped up their quality with the GSIII but to say a long time is silly, Ive owned both and htc build quality is beyond that of Samsung
  18. #18  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Originally Posted by crzycrkr<br />
    Samsung phones are solid and have been for a long time.
    lol I think youre a bit off on the long time statement, my old Galaxy SII Epic touch was pretty cheap feeling and that phone isnt a year old yet is it? maybe theyve stepped up their quality with the GSIII but to say a long time is silly, Ive owned both and htc build quality is beyond that of Samsung
    Thank you for completely missing my point and proving it at the same time. Cheap feeling? Why, because its plastic? Samsung had been building solid phones for years. The build quality of my Nexus S was miles ahead of my EVO. Why is it people hate on Samsung plastic, but HTC plastic is somehow amazing?

    Sent from my LTEVO
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Thank you for completely missing my point and proving it at the same time. Cheap feeling? Why, because its plastic? Samsung had been building solid phones for years. The build quality of my Nexus S was miles ahead of my EVO. Why is it people hate on Samsung plastic, but HTC plastic is somehow amazing?

    Sent from my LTEVO
    why are you even worried about it??
    My Wallpaper Collection!!! Updated 7/12/2011 (some NSFW)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/102508753250975172853/Wallpaper#
  20. #20  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
    why are you even worried about it??
    Not worried about it. I've had many brands, and I'm far from a fanboy. Just amused at the amount of people that are usually HTC fanbous screaming trash like...

    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Sammy phones are cheaply made! There are no if, ands or butts about it! If you can't see it you are blind or a phanboy!

    Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Somehow Samsung plastic = cheap yet HTC plastic = amazing build quality. The fit on Samsung phones is always tight and they are always well made in my experience. The first few runs of the OG EVO had boatloads of quality control issues. Every company has some bad runs.




    Sent from my LTEVO
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Somehow Samsung plastic = cheap yet HTC plastic = amazing build quality. The fit on Samsung phones is always tight and they are always well made in my experience. The first few runs of the OG EVO had boatloads of quality control issues. Every company has some bad runs.




    Sent from my LTEVO
    In my experience, and from what I've heard from others, the issue with Samsung build quality has always been more of one with materials rather than with durability. To use the S3 as an example, it uses a glossy plastic that both feels thin (although it does seem to be durable) and just kind of like a toy. Samsung plastic feels to me like the dummy model phones that are in stores when they don't have the real thing on display. In contrast, other companies, even when using plastic, have succeeded in making of feel much more solid. The One X and the Nokia lumia 800 and 920 to name a few. It's matte texture, and it doesn't just feel like the phone is coated in some thin shell. Just my $0.02

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    scott_0 and Habiib like this.
  22. #22  
    gpdaddy95's Avatar

    Posts
    146 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on both for now.

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO28312 View Post
    Has htc fixed the multitasking problem? This was one of the main reasons why i had to part with htc and go with the s3. I do hope htc gets to build the next nexus. They're lcd2 display is the best hands down.
    The multitasking issue is definitely fixed.
  23. #23  
    gpdaddy95's Avatar

    Posts
    146 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on both for now.

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    I have to admit, I'm jelly of the Sprint S3's jellybean leak... Can only mean that it's coming soon. Meanwhile, we haven't heard a thing about Jellybean for the EVO LTE. We got a glimmer of hope when it was revealed that the One X+ would launch with it, but that's about it. Never woulda thought a year ago that Samsung would be beating us to the punch with updates...
    Officially, HTC isn't saying that they are or are not going to upgrade the EVO to Jellybean. That's straight off their website. As for the S3 getting the upgrade, I still haven't seen it for the CDMA networks and I don't know that they'll be any quicker with it than HTC. Since the NEXUS products are the only true Android devices, everything else is Android-BASED and has to go through a littany of additional issues related to the manufacturer's skins, the carrier's bloatware and the network/chip design. It therefore comes down to whether it is in the manufacturer's best interests financially to commit the resources to upgrading a product they've already been paid for. Let's face it, HTC is not as financially healthy as they were three years ago and Samsung's in a lot better shape.

    Having said all that, remember that Jellybean just got a new update which could account for a short delay. I'm also quite certain that if the HTC ONE series gets JB, so will the EVO. They were released at about the same time with only minor differences in the case. It is a really short hop from the ONE series to the EVO once the CDMA thing is worked out.

    Bottom line is that even though I love my EVO (and my original EVO, for that matter), my next upgrade will be for a NEXUS phone made by either Moto or HTC. That's the only way you'll ever be guaranteed to upgrade to the latest Android OS. The Nexus products are the only true Android devices.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    In my experience, and from what I've heard from others, the issue with Samsung build quality has always been more of one with materials rather than with durability. To use the S3 as an example, it uses a glossy plastic that both feels thin (although it does seem to be durable) and just kind of like a toy. Samsung plastic feels to me like the dummy model phones that are in stores when they don't have the real thing on display. In contrast, other companies, even when using plastic, have succeeded in making of feel much more solid. The One X and the Nokia lumia 800 and 920 to name a few. It's matte texture, and it doesn't just feel like the phone is coated in some thin shell. Just my $0.02

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I like that HTC has put rubber backing in a lot of their devices. That makes it feel a little better in the hand. But Samsung devices are lighter. Plus, if you use a case, it doesn't really matter. They all feel the same to me afterwards. I prefer the Samsung devices due to the Super AMOLED screens.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    If I were never here, you would never know.
  25. #25  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default Re: Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    The multitasking issue is definitely fixed.
    Most definitely NOT fixed. HTC says there is no problem and its working as designed. Doesn't work well though.

    Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    Officially, HTC isn't saying that they are or are not going to upgrade the EVO to Jellybean. That's straight off their website. As for the S3 getting the upgrade, I still haven't seen it for the CDMA networks and I don't know that they'll be any quicker with it than HTC. Since the NEXUS products are the only true Android devices, everything else is Android-BASED and has to go through a littany of additional issues related to the manufacturer's skins, the carrier's bloatware and the network/chip design. It therefore comes down to whether it is in the manufacturer's best interests financially to commit the resources to upgrading a product they've already been paid for. Let's face it, HTC is not as financially healthy as they were three years ago and Samsung's in a lot better shape.

    Having said all that, remember that Jellybean just got a new update which could account for a short delay. I'm also quite certain that if the HTC ONE series gets JB, so will the EVO. They were released at about the same time with only minor differences in the case. It is a really short hop from the ONE series to the EVO once the CDMA thing is worked out.

    Bottom line is that even though I love my EVO (and my original EVO, for that matter), my next upgrade will be for a NEXUS phone made by either Moto or HTC. That's the only way you'll ever be guaranteed to upgrade to the latest Android OS. The Nexus products are the only true Android devices.
    The One series is getting JB, and I'm sure the EVO is too, its just a matter of when.

    Sent from my LTEVO
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What are some of the cool features on the s3?
    By dt81 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 06:36 PM
  2. Are you jealous of the HTC Sensation and Droid 3?
    By SpikeJones in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 10:18 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 08:51 AM
  4. Can you use a stylus on the droid incredible
    By fry8 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
  5. Does Music app drain a lot of battery on the Droid?
    By fludkilla in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Posting Permissions