Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Well. That was stupid.

Hi all -- I recently started having some major bugs with this device, and got the bright idea to do a hard reset to attempt to fix them. Not only did my problems return the day after resetting the phone, but I neglected to disable my Google Wallet account beforehand.

I know, right?

In my defense, I was very, very frustrated at the time.

At this point, I have not attempted to log back in to Google Wallet since resetting. There is no fix for the app being bricked after resetting, right--nothing I can do at this point? I'm not so concerned with actually using it, I'm just really mad at myself for doing something so stupid and affecting the resale value of this thing. Plus, I still have a credit in there for signing up. I know there's a fairly recent development in that you can disable the app from the web if the phone is lost or stolen, but I wanted to confirm that there is still no "fix" for the break before I gave up on it.

Also, still having these problems, which STILL SUCK. http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...ml#post2198051

Default Re: Well. That was stupid.

I was force to do a factory reset last week due to a boot loop issue. My Google Wallet was just as I left it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydley View Post
    Hi all -- I recently started having some major bugs with this device, and got the bright idea to do a hard reset to attempt to fix them. Not only did my problems return the day after resetting the phone, but I neglected to disable my Google Wallet account beforehand.

I know, right?

In my defense, I was very, very frustrated at the time.

At this point, I have not attempted to log back in to Google Wallet since resetting. There is no fix for the app being bricked after resetting, right--nothing I can do at this point? I'm not so concerned with actually using it, I'm just really mad at myself for doing something so stupid and affecting the resale value of this thing. Plus, I still have a credit in there for signing up. I know there's a fairly recent development in that you can disable the app from the web if the phone is lost or stolen, but I wanted to confirm that there is still no "fix" for the break before I gave up on it.

Also, still having these problems, which STILL SUCK. http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...ml#post2198051
    Your google wallet should be fine...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Unless you haven't taken any of the OTA's (or roms that apply them) as well as not updating Google wallet since launch then there shouldn't be a problem. Google Wallet bricking was only an issue for a couple weeks at the very beginning.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Awesome, thanks! I was just listening to a podcast yesterday and they were discussing the issue and mentioned that it still want solved, so weird...

ROM
    Stock

i did the same thing a few weeks ago. i tried to re-enter my card and received an error saying that the card could not be reactivated.

yesterday, i got a wallet update and tried once more. it seems to have worked. i re-entered the card, it took about 45 minutes to complete the install. it seems to work, as i can see my current balance on my card now, i couldn't before.

give it a try after updating the wallet app.