Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stomperxj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen "Static" - Screen unresponsive

This started happening this morning intermittently and now this is all it does. "Static" on the screen and will not respond to touch. I searched and found one other person on the HTC forums that had the same thing... has anyone here seen this? This phone is 100% stock and only about 2.5 months old. never had a screen protector on it, never been dropped, zero damage.

I'm headed to a Sprint Corporate store first thing tomorrow to see about a replacement.

Default Re: Screen "Static" - Screen unresponsive

Weeeird. Never seen that kind of thing before. I doubt you'll have any trouble getting a replacement on that though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

If I had to guess, I would say that the screen connector is loose from the motherboard.

But yeah, they should replace it.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,201 Global Posts

I agree with everyone else. That is not a software problem. It is good you got a photo of it to take with you.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Reminds me of poltergeist.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I showed up at the store and it of course worked for a few minutes after not working for almost a day. it did freak out for the dude though so they ordered me a new phone. should be here Tuesday...
    TonyLibations likes this.

I have the same issue. Just started a couple of days ago. Makes me nervous that this will be a recurring issue with the EVO LTE. Besides that I am supremely happy with this phone. If you push on the screen (mostly in the bottom left corner) you may be able to get the screen to reconnect and still use phone until the new one gets here. Did you have insurance or did Sprint just agree to send you a new one?
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

You don't need insurance, because you automatically have a one year warranty with sprint that if the device fails for reasons not related to the way it was used (for example swimming with it in your pocket or dropping it), Sprint will replace the device.

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    You don't need insurance, because you automatically have a one year warranty with sprint that if the device fails for reasons not related to the way it was used (for example swimming with it in your pocket or dropping it), Sprint will replace the device.
    I had a similar experience with my Photon 4G. I dropped it from the top bunk of my bed onto a concrete floor, and the camera wouldn't work anymore. Took it in and they replaced the entire phone free of charge.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    I had a similar experience with my Photon 4G. I dropped it from the top bunk of my bed onto a concrete floor, and the camera wouldn't work anymore. Took it in and they replaced the entire phone free of charge.

Of course I'm sure you told them you dropped it on a concrete floor too, right?

Yup. Lol.

I bought mine from Amazonwireless and i'm having the same issue. Anyone know if they'll replace it too? I bought mine in June.

Just sent my phone into HTC for this static screen issue. It was happening sporadically at first. Lock/Unlock would make it go away. But eventually it did it all the time and became unusable.

Sprint device coverage is a rip if you treat your phone with care. HTC is pretty good about responding to warranty claims in a timely fashion.