Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mstrblueskys
  • 1 Post By w5cyc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CHOMP SMS

Just wanted to say that I started using CHOMP today and I think this is the best non native text application...was using go sms, then handcent but I find this to be smooth and texts get sent faster...if you have never used it or haven't used it in a while...might be worth a shot

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: CHOMP SMS

I switched to Chomp from Go about a month back. Got tired of all the bloatware Go had to offer. I am much happier with Chomp.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Idk, Chomp offers me nothing that Handcent doesnt offer, actually imo Handcent is more customizable........

Chomp is the only one I know of that shows Facebook contact photos for free. Handcent only gave me blanks and Go charges for them (and even then, didn't work.)

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

I dont mess with Facebook, (Im prolly one of maybe 5 people in the world that doesnt lol) so that feature doesnt matter to me, Im a big fan of sms/mms popup feature and Handcent's is nice.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM

Was using Handcent and I agree that's it is probably even more customizable than Chomp. I did have to switch to Chomp though, because my messages through Handcent were either taking about an hour to send or they would not send at all. I don't know why I was having this problem, but I had to leave Handcent and go with Chomp.

You could personalize wall papers text everything you can ask for chomps the best hands down

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I myself like the professional look of the stock sms app!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!

I've used chomp but wasn't happy about the ads, I didn't realize that it was only a free trial until it showed me a pop up saying your trial period is over, you can buy the pro version. I thought that was stupid. Handcent is free so I tried that but found it to be eating some memory. Also I didn't like the idea of the app sending out my phone's information. I'm better off just using the stock sms

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I may have to try Chomp, particularly if there is a paid, ad-free version. I'm kinda funny in that I subscribe to services that send me texts, and I text some myself, but I HATE spam texts. GO SMS sending me texts to advertise their products really chaps my hide for some reason. If Chomp will let me send and receive without added spam, I'll gladly throw a coupla buck their way.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

I'm using GO right now and I love it. I'm using it without the app center and chat features enabled and it's working REALLY well. I love that I can group SMS with my friends who use iPhones. How is CHOMP different?

Also, has anyone noticed that all these non-native messaging apps have icons that look like they were developed to be marketed to 4-year-olds? What's the deal with that? Is there a way to get a less goofy icon?

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by w5cyc View Post
    I may have to try Chomp, particularly if there is a paid, ad-free version. I'm kinda funny in that I subscribe to services that send me texts, and I text some myself, but I HATE spam texts. GO SMS sending me texts to advertise their products really chaps my hide for some reason. If Chomp will let me send and receive without added spam, I'll gladly throw a coupla buck their way.
    You can block those numbers. That's the first thing I did.
    svargas05 likes this.

Angry Re: CHOMP SMS

My Chomp SMS stopped working after i uninstall stock app and GO SMS app. Its working if i install Go SMS. strange now need a solution to this..

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I tried Chomp a couple of months ago after the suggestions on this thread. Like it much better than Go.
    balansboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by b0ss View Post
    My Chomp SMS stopped working after i uninstall stock app and GO SMS app. Its working if i install Go SMS. strange now need a solution to this..
    I started trying this today and have the same problem along with other problems.
    Firstly I muted the stock app but still got double notifications and both apps were sending and receiving so unisnstalled the stock app then got one notification but no texts. ( I dont know where they went)
    Does Chomp need the stock app to work or is it truly a "stand alone" app?

Hi ! Can anyone help me with my issue, just started using chomp and everything was sweet but then all of a sudden the emojis arent coming up on the reciepient end, the person recieving has an iphone if that makes a difference?
    Please help