Any rumors...

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Highly doubtful. I don't see them releasing another flagship to sprint this soon. Especially when the EVO LTE didn't sell so well to begin with.

Sent from my LTEVO

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I read that as the One X+. Considering it just came out, that's what I'm assuming he's talking about.

Sent from my LTEVO

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I heard the phone sold relay well like the og evo

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I highly doubt that. It had the GSIII & iPhone to compete with. They released no sales #s I'm aware of. Also all the message boards are dead. No, I think the sales were lackluster.

Sent from my LTEVO

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well since we're all just guessing, I think it sold pretty well. The Sprint stores I've been too have said it hasn't been bad at all. Not like the OG EVO, but not bad. Same at Best Buy around me. I have a customer that outfitted their sales and maintenance departments with the EVO as opposed to the iPhone. They were on Nextel but that's no longer an option. 70 EVOs in one shot. I know the GS3 has been doing well, but I think the EVO is holding her own.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt that. It had the GSIII & iPhone to compete with. They released no sales #s I'm aware of. Also all the message boards are dead. No, I think the sales were lackluster.

Sent from my LTEVO

I don't think they ever released numbers for the original either. Nothing official, anyway. And if the message boards are a barometer of a successful phone, the EVO certainly beat the GS3 @ Sprint. Most of the threads on the first page of the Sprint GS3 have 1 or 2 replies and only a few more looks.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well since we're all just guessing, I think it sold pretty well. The Sprint stores I've been too have said it hasn't been bad at all. Not like the OG EVO, but not bad. Same at Best Buy around me. I have a customer that outfitted their sales and maintenance departments with the EVO as opposed to the iPhone. They were on Nextel but that's no longer an option. 70 EVOs in one shot. I know the GS3 has been doing well, but I think the EVO is holding her own.

With the issues HTC has been having financially' it's hard to imagine the 4G LTE sold particularly well.

Of course selling well depends on so many factors at this point. With the current product lines, most new models are really refinements of their predecessors at this point. They may not sell the phone in sheer numbers like the brand new lines from 2010, but it can't cost nearly as much to develop and produce them.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you always post on dead message boards? :p

You're here and so are many others. My son and daughter both got the Gs3 so I follow that forum too. I can confirm this forum is much more active.

Okay, I guess I need to rephrase. Extremely slow. Compared to the OG EVO and NS4G forums this is slow. I would say that its maybe just lots of people leaving these boards, and I'm sure that has something to do with it, but the XDA EVO LTE board is slow as well

Sent from my LTEVO

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people don't even know about android central! So judging a phones sales off of how busy a forum is, is rather pointless! I see more EVO LTE in the wild than anything else! But I'm sure the iPhone has taken some sales away! A lot of people think android phones are to difficult to operate!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!

You're missing my point I'm comparing to the way forums here were for other sprint phones. That's far from pointless.

Sent from my LTEVO

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Actually it is pointless! The og EVO was a game changing beast of a phone! No phone will garner that kind of frenzy again!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!

Sigh, why are we arguing? That's why I added in the NS4G into my comment, a phone that didn't sell amazingly well. All I'm saying is that judging by the increased competion, the slow message boards, and the lack of sales numbers I would think it's safe to say the phone didn't sell amazingly well and that we are unlikely to get a One X+ variant. That is safe to say.

Hell, we may not have to worry about it again. Threat HTC is going we may not see another EVO

Sent from my LTEVO

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
The OG evo didn't have anything to compete with when it came out on sprint, no galaxy, no iphone so sales where outstanding. Right now there are way to many options out there for any device to sell like how the OG evo did. In either case though, based on my inquiries, sprint has probably sold just as many evo lte's as they did gs3's. Also I am pretty sure that sprint has sold more evo lte's than at&t has sold one x's. I also think that the majority of the mod community went with the gs3 which is evident based on the countless custom roms out there for it compared to the evo lte/one x.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa