Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wi-Fi Error

Every once in a while I cannot connect to Wi-Fi. It says 'error". After rebooting everything works. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Default Re: Wi-Fi Error

Quote Originally Posted by debsawyer View Post
    Every once in a while I cannot connect to Wi-Fi. It says 'error". After rebooting everything works. Does anyone else have the same problem?
    Just started happening to me this week. Pretty ugly. Happened three times, always while moving from one remembered wifi network to another with 3G in the middle (not sure if that matters, but that was the scenario each time).

Happened to me yesterday!
    -Bobby
    HTC Evo 4G, Samsung GSIIE4GT, The Samsung was a POS! Went back to the HTC Evo 4G, Now using the EVOLTE!

This has been happening to me daily. Hope there is a fix soon.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Anybody had trouble with texts not going through? Asking because I've noticed when wifi gets "confused" texts won't go through until I reboot.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I've had to restart my phone ever morning since the last patch.

Just found this thread because I've been having this problem occasionally for the last few weeks. I've been trying to nail down what's triggering it. In my case, it seems to happen when I'm using Firefox, have WiFi & mobile network on. I'll have Firefox open to a page & then shut off the display for a significant amount of time (hour or more?). I then press power to unlock the phone & notice that it won't connect to the local WiFi. Shutting off WiFi allows the mobile network to take over but then WiFi is unable to turn on & reports 'error'. A reboot is the only way to get it back.

Typically, I leave mobile network off until I need it & I don't think I've ever had this problem when its off. I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone else.

the answer is here... Solve Wifi error in Android phones | mHotspot blog ...worked on my phone..

I have this problem too and it doesn't fix after rebooting. Sometimes the phone will crash if i press on. I took it to the sprint repair center and they cleared the phone and installed a stand alone version of the OS. That didnt help either. Im guessing its related to the sprint connections optimizer.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Edit: wrong thread, sorry.

Me too, just today...can't get it to work any solutions?