Landscape on the home screen

bryan461

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but awhile back I saw a video demoing the EVO that showed the home screen in landscape mode.How can I get my phone to do that?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
By default, you should only get landscape home screens if you:
  1. Connect your phone to an external video source via MHL (HDMI).
  2. Activate Media Link HD (requires HTC Media Link hardware).

I have encountered a "bug" once, where I was able to rotate my screen and get my home screen to rotate with it. Not sure what I did to cause it to happen, and it lasted until I needed to reboot the phone. Have not been able to get it to do so again since.

Alternatively, you can install one of the custom launchers from the play store. Some (or all?) of them will give you the option to enable home screen rotation. Just keep in mind that you won't be able to use any of HTC's widgets while using an alternate launcher.

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Go to app store n input rotate you'll come across some app that will allow you to have landscape she you turn your phone.side ways badass app if you ask me guud luck
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
It is extremely unfortunate and irritating that the stock HTC Sense 3 doesn't include landscape home screen options. The code is already there (obviously). Why they choose to not allow us to use it, I simply can't imagine. I have Emailed them more than once asking them to add it. I encourage others to also...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11