Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G in chicago

I was elated to see the 4G light up on my phone and keep a constant strong signal on the south side

Default Re: 4G in chicago

Good stuff..

We have a great thread going in the Carrier (Sprint) forums specifically on Chicago land area for the Sprint Network Vision upgrade, stop on by and take a read.

Anyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?

I have some solid 4g signals in parts of Elgin and Schaumburg . It was a nice surprise to look at my phone and see that 4g lite up.

i think the LTE on this phone works better than wifi. I don't get data drop outs while downloading things like movies/videos. the wifi, i would constantly come back to see things fail to finish, even with wifi always on/better performance. it didnt matter. but I'm enjoying the lte speeds

I was in Calumet Park, IL and I did a speed test, got 38668 down and 8810 up. Great!

I've had 4G in the suburbs for about 3 weeks. Just turned on in Rogers Park today.

Yep, me too! I've noticed that I've had a 4G signal in parts of Rogers Park, Evanston and Morton Grove. Download has been a little slower than my Comcast/Xfinity WiFi, but upload is significantly faster.