4G LTE Connection Fix For Sprint Phones (...worked for me at least..........)

Jarnld

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I havent noticed any battery drain from it....and actually I noticed better connectivity using Juice defender Ultimate as well. for some reason 4g seems to stick more.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Just changing the scan timer to 5 makes it to where the evo connects atomic but still loses it when it gets low signal

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just changing the scan timer to 5 makes it to where the evo connects atomic but still loses it when it gets low signal

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
That's interesting. I wonder what the scan timer is on other phones, like the S3?

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice a difference changing the scan timer. In my opinion if it was that easy to fix some of the LTE issues with this phone, they (HTC Sprint) would have done done this a long time ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Rsximporter99

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I will chime in because I actually tried this...and I know exact area in my neighborhood where a Tower is giving off a LTE signal. I live literally by two nearby towers and unfortunately im like 2 blocks closer to the NON-LTE tower. So here's my experience... change my scan timer seemed to have absolutely no significant change on how quickly it would find a LTE signal....im willing to bet money that the logic behind this phone's antenna is all based on signal strength...this is with me doing no research on how antennas work on mobile devices...but from my experience I see TWO issues with this phone.... one being that the threshold for detecting LTE is a little 'weak' and two that on occassion when going between LTE and CDMA it will often just get STUCK at CDMA.... so when i drive to the corner where LTE is available...i toggle the AIRPLANE MODE and voila....4G SHOWS UP LIKE butter... i drive one block down from the corner...im back at 3G....now i went into the settings by doing the *#*#4636#*#* and chose CDMA,LTE Option which only forces the phone the be either LTE or CDMA1XRTT...obviously RTT being horrible data speeds. When I did this I was able to driver 2 more BLOCKS further in and maintain a LTE signal...unfortunately to my demise right when i got to my house it went back to CDMA. But this gave me the conclusion that when in traditional out stock CDMA/LTE mode... my phone flips to 3G at a certain distance from the tower....when I FORCED to the phone to be LTE/RTT only...i managed to maintain LTE a decent longer distance, yet eventually it gave out and locked to the other tower closer to my house. The other thing I noticed was that when going back into the area where LTE is available...it would not FIND the LTE signal...i needed to the do the TOGGLE Airplane mode dance. Regardless I feel that once LTE is full blown this issue will become less apparent yet the issue will still be there unless a firmware update is made. Which Im sure HTC/SPRINT is working on....both issues which i have managed to distinguished appear to me to be 'code' implementation issues rather than hardware problem...but who knows maybe its my wishful thinking and we wont know until they formally actually try to tackle the issue with a update. Just my .02 cents.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lowering the threshold won't help because once the signal is so weak, while you're technically connected, you won't be able to transfer any data...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

myyotarules

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a gs3 and this method has a flaw. The msl reader described is for htc and no reader works for Samsung. Anyone know of another way? I was getting full bars of 4g lte but now just seems to be disabled.

theob_gyn88

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
@USGUYVER

Let me know if you need a walkthrough or assistance. It can be confusing the first time you do it, but once you've done it once and grasp the concepts you'll never NOT root a phone again. It gets addicting ;)

I need an expert to walk me through the rooting "S-OFF" process.

Last edited:

Ladyluck17

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
My phone has had no problem and then Friday I couldn't call or txt I had no service for a couple days satursday night the phone worked randomly and then around 3 in the morning it stopped working i'm not sure what to do I have factory reset the phone 3 times and the phone has no real time damage. I can't get a store cause i'm a hour away from the store and i'm busy with college. Any ideas please I wanna be able to have a phone not just a walking tablet

Same thing has been happened to me for the last 4 days!