Evo being "Jelly" of S3 getting Jelly

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, S3 is getting their Jelly Bean update starting 25th of OCT.... Which is tomorrow. :':)':)'(
I hope we get ours very soon. :D:D:D

Mmb42003

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm very upset I'm a very loyal htc fan and to see the gs3 getting gellybean first is sad . Come on HTC.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I love my HTC evo 4g lte but this is why HTC is loosing customers because they can't keep up . The evo was out before the s3 and the s3 is already getting jellybean it's so aggravating for them to put such a great phone on the back burner .

calvinserrano

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
The Evo 4GLTE Jellybean update will happen after the One X, One X+ will come out. My guesses, we will get it the same day Verizon gets their new Device. ;)

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
There is a guaranteed way to get some jelly bean goodness on your phone today.... Root that beast! We have several stable jelly bean builds. Personally cm10 runs better than Sense has ever run for me.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
There is a guaranteed way to get some jelly bean goodness on your phone today.... Root that beast! We have several stable jelly bean builds. Personally cm10 runs better than Sense has ever run for me.

I'll be honest here. I'm disappointed with both Sprint and HTC. We should have had the Jellybean update already for the EVO. HTC is refusing to announce that the EVO will get the update so I'm not counting on it. I'll probably lbe switching over the the Nexus lines when this contract is up and will probably also ditch Sprint if they haven't got their act together. Once there's a stable CM10 for the EVO, and I'm confident we won't be getting the JB update, I'll be trying my hand at rooting and getting some Jellybean love from Cyanogen.

I had the original EVO and it got updates faster than most and Sprint treated it as a "flagship" phone for over a year. With the LTE, I feel like we've been ditched for Samsung and Apple. It's a damn shame that two companies that showed so much promise two years ago have fallen so far and left their faithful customers holding the bill.

I don't like Samsung products (or the company for that matter - I think they're trying to become the far-east version of Apple) or Apple (they're slipping big time in the mobile market IMHO). I also don't like the Verizon (the crapware and mods to the phone lines) and think their phone selection is third in line to ATT and Sprint. It's just gonna suck when this contract is up and I have to choose again.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest here. I'm disappointed with both Sprint and HTC. We should have had the Jellybean update already for the EVO. HTC is refusing to announce that the EVO will get the update so I'm not counting on it. I'll probably lbe switching over the the Nexus lines when this contract is up and will probably also ditch Sprint if they haven't got their act together. Once there's a stable CM10 for the EVO, and I'm confident we won't be getting the JB update, I'll be trying my hand at rooting and getting some Jellybean love from Cyanogen.

I had the original EVO and it got updates faster than most and Sprint treated it as a "flagship" phone for over a year. With the LTE, I feel like we've been ditched for Samsung and Apple. It's a damn shame that two companies that showed so much promise two years ago have fallen so far and left their faithful customers holding the bill.

I don't like Samsung products (or the company for that matter - I think they're trying to become the far-east version of Apple) or Apple (they're slipping big time in the mobile market IMHO). I also don't like the Verizon (the crapware and mods to the phone lines) and think their phone selection is third in line to ATT and Sprint. It's just gonna suck when this contract is up and I have to choose again.

There is no scenario under which the Evo 4G LTE does not get an official JB upgrade other than HTC suddenly disappearing off the face of the planet. We have nearly identical hardware to the One X and should get every relevant update that it does. It seems to be waiting on the One X+ which I would guess is still having a few bugs worked out of it. But we will get an update, probably this year too.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the EVO has a better than even chance of getting the update, but no one is admitting it. I have to wonder if their recent financial difficulties have anything to do with the delay. Maybe they started laying off developers. Maybe they're just focusing on new product to fix their bottom line. There's a reason they didn't announce an upgrade for the EVO when they were so specific to announce the one series upgrades.

More to the original question, my wife just got her update to 4.1.1 on her S3 today and I have to admit that I'm not impressed. I have the Nexus 7 on Jellybean and it's far superior to the update the S3 got. I hope HTC does better if and when they upgrade. If they don't, it's a Nexus for me next time for sure.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the evo technically a one series phone? Specifically the one x, just the sprint version of the one x?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the evo technically a one series phone? Specifically the one x, just the sprint version of the one x?

It is a One X. Same screen, same CPU, same cameras, same chipset, pretty much identical software. Only difference is the different body (with the SD slot, kickstand, and camera buttons). Probably 99% of the work for an OS update to the One X is already complete for the Evo LTE, the only big factor being the radios/Sprint network validation.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It is a One X. Same screen, same CPU, same cameras, same chipset, pretty much identical software. Only difference is the different body (with the SD slot, kickstand, and camera buttons). Probably 99% of the work for an OS update to the One X is already complete for the Evo LTE, the only big factor being the radios/Sprint network validation.

And Sprint apps

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe HTC and Sprint will give the EVOLTE the newer Jelly Bean 4.2. We can always hope that is why there is a delay.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

While the evolte shares most of the hardware with the one x, it's not a One series phone. That's reserved just for the V, S, X and the better version of the X that's coming out soon, can't remember what it's called. However as I said earlier, the similar or identical hardware make updates easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995