Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What issues are you having?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • No issues, everything seems to be fine

20 26.32%
  • Contacts app takes forever to load (30 seconds+)

37 48.68%
  • Messages app takes forever to load (30 seconds+)

44 57.89%
  • Contact Caller ID works sporadically

39 51.32%
  • Address boxes in email and messages don't auto-fill as you type

37 48.68%
  • Phone does nothing when attempting to call from contact/recent calls list

30 39.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Are you having contacts related issues?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPuddin View Post
    I went into the Sprint service store yesterday because I could not call anyone. The guy told me it was actually Sprint's fault and not my phone. I couldn't replicate it (of course) to show him that no, it's actually my phone not dialing the contact I've selected, not that the phone is unable to connect to Sprint's bad service. I just said, "oh, ok" and walked out. I probably should have pushed, but it's not going to change anything. I think I've reached the end of my rope with all of this and I'm just going to get a Nexus 4.
    I've been able to produce the condition by opening a bunch of Google apps in succession. Have several tabs open in Chrome, then open YouTube, then Gmail or Google+ and then try to open contacts or dial via a contact in the dialer. Contacts will sit on the loading screen for a long time and the dialer usually won't work for a while.

Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

i am also having all those issues. it's very annoying. this was a great phone, but ever since the last update, all these issues started tocome up. my friend who have the same phone as me is having the same problems. i did a factory reset, it helped for a week or so, then the problems came back again. doesn't really matter now since i am getting a nexus 4 anyway. i am suspecting that this has to do w/ sense, but last htc phone the hero also had a lot of the same problems.

I did an adb logcat and noticed a message saying that process xxxxx has been locking the contact database preventing normal usage of the phone/contacts functions. Either the database is corrupt/needs indexing or there is a common app that is locking the contacts database and not releasing the lock. There are other possibilities but these just came to mind.

My thought is that it definitely has to be app related. The reason I say this is because my wife has the exact same phone and does not have this issue (crossing my fingers to not jinxing her). She is rooted, s-off, and running the stock rom just like I am. Her contact related apps work just fine. Can we try and target a specific app in the poll or somewhere else. My first thought is Chrome is the culprit. Does anyone else have this installed?

I don't have chrome installed.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AFR_NY View Post
    I don't have chrome installed.

There goes that app theory. I still think it is app related as my wife does not have this issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    My thought is that it definitely has to be app related. The reason I say this is because my wife has the exact same phone and does not have this issue (crossing my fingers to not jinxing her). She is rooted, s-off, and running the stock rom just like I am. Her contact related apps work just fine. Can we try and target a specific app in the poll or somewhere else. My first thought is Chrome is the culprit. Does anyone else have this installed?
    Negative, ghostrider.

I have all of the issues mentioned in this thread. It's maddening.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7#AC View Post
    I have all of the issues mentioned in this thread. It's maddening.
    Me too. I can't for the life of me figure out why my wife's phone does not have any of these issues either. These issues really suck.

Me too. I can't for the life of me figure out why my wife's phone does not have any of these issues either. These issues really suck.
    I wish that the Nexus 4 had been available on Sprint. This makes me regret not going with the S3 or Galaxy Nexus originally.

This is the type of crap that drives people to the iPhone too. Too much fragmentation and carrier control on Android.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7#AC View Post
    This is the type of crap that drives people to the iPhone too. Too much fragmentation and carrier control on Android.
    That and apple puts out updates to fix problems more than once every 6 months

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I do not have an issue - here is what I have if it helps:

Stock
    Facebook - sync existing only
    Twitter - sync existing only
    1 Google Account
    Several contacts in People app linked with both Facebook and Twitter.

Phonebook showing Google Account and Phone Contacts.
    Settings: Only with Phone Number.

Let me know if anyone wants somethings else checked.

What's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by mawilson82 View Post
    I do not have an issue - here is what I have if it helps:

Stock
    Facebook - sync existing only
    Twitter - sync existing only
    1 Google Account
    Several contacts in People app linked with both Facebook and Twitter.

Phonebook showing Google Account and Phone Contacts.
    Settings: Only with Phone Number.

Let me know if anyone wants somethings else checked.
    Interesting. Is there anyone having problems with only 1 Google account synced whether or not you sync the contacts? My wife's phone has only one Google account but I have two.

I only have one Google account, no Facebook, no twitter

At least for me, 90% of the times when my phone needs to access my contacts (such as opening a text message, going into the phone dialer, browsing contacts), the phone sits there for 15-120 seconds doing nothing, then finally does what you've asked it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    What's the issue?

I have no problems either.
    Synced to one Google account.
    Synced to Facebook.
    Synced to 3 mail accounts.
    Synced to Drop Box.
    Synced to Firefox.
    Synced to Skype.
    I have WIFI, Bluetooth, and GPS always on and with moderate use I get 12-18 hours on a full charge. With light use I've made it over 24 hours. My battery actually improved with the last update. Sprint is a little weak in my area while they have been updating towers, so I talked them into a Airwave 2.0 to give me my own home cell tower. I travel continually across the country for work and have very few issues. I've started finding and using LTE in some areas and can't wait until next September when they throw the switch to all markets.

I only have one Google account, no Facebook, no twitter
    Mine is crazy slow on wifi, 4G and 3g. It's sad when your screen times out before a text message can open...

It's definitely a software issue and blaming it in the network is just a cop out

Does anyone have the problem with only one Google account synced? I think this is what we have sort of narrowed it to.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Does anyone have the problem with only one Google account synced? I think this is what we have sort of narrowed it to.
    Only one account synced, same problem.

Either way that wouldn't be a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Only one account synced, same problem.

Either way that wouldn't be a solution.
    Only one as well...
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I have 2 gmail accounts and no problems! Also have facebook, Twitter and google+ synced! No lag at all in contacts!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Am I the only one who feels like when there's an issue like this that doesn't effect everyone the people who don't have issues get very condescending? And I'm not saying anyone in particular

Like I must have problems because I checked the "f my contacts up" option in the settings because I'm obviously stupid... If it were that simple I'm pretty sure there would be a documented fix for this by now.

Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Am I the only one who feels like when there's an issue like this that doesn't effect everyone the people who don't have issues get very condescending? And I'm not saying anyone in particular

Like I must have problems because I checked the "f my contacts up" option in the settings because I'm obviously stupid... If it were that simple I'm pretty sure there would be a documented fix for this by now.
    You always get a few people that take problems brought to light as a personal attack like they were the ones that designed the phone and coded the apps and OS for it.

It was really bad when the multi-tasking issue was raised. Some people fairly nasty with each other, though the multi-tasking performance was much more subjective.

But with this contacts thing, I think it's just more frustrating that people keep suggesting the same things being the cause when it's been proven that nothing any user has done is causing it. I wouldn't say they're being condescending for the most part, just chiming in with an opinion.
    So Cold likes this.

I don't have the "f my contacts up" option checked either and I still have the problem.
    ERicJ and So Cold like this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast