Anyone nervous about HTC?

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone nervous about HTC's recent financial issues and how they might affect support for the EVO LTE going forward?

I must admit that I am a little bit, and that has me looking at other phones right now. There seem to be enough questions about upcoming updates (JB, fix LTE (if needed), etc.), that I wonder if HTC's financial situation will mean resources will be less available to make fixes and updates less frequent moving forward.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone nervous about HTC's recent financial issues and how they might affect support for the EVO LTE going forward?

I must admit that I am a little bit, and that has me looking at other phones right now. There seem to be enough questions about upcoming updates (JB, fix LTE (if needed), etc.), that I wonder if HTC's financial situation will mean resources will be less available to make fixes and updates less frequent moving forward.

What are HTC's financial issues?

Are they losing money?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Quite a bit actually. But it's not all doom and gloom :) HTC will survive.

Are they losing money or just not making as much as they used to?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mastertech

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
If all their phones are as screwy as my EVO LTE it's no darn wonder they are losing money.
I had the original EVO and loved it....the LTE phone is barely more than a paper weight at this point.

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that htc will do just fine and I also think that everyone who has a really bad case of doom and gloom should think about this like this without htc we would be either having palm or windows or icrap only so I think the best thing for them to do is keep their focus on their phones

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not nervous. If by some chance they go down like the Titanic I will buy another phone. I have not had the same phone for more then a year anyway.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

lrn2swim

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
If all their phones are as screwy as my EVO LTE it's no darn wonder they are losing money.
I had the original EVO and loved it....the LTE phone is barely more than a paper weight at this point.

Sucks for you.
Mine works pretty much perfectly and has fantastic battery life.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from Palm...

I'll ride till it dies

Not worried...

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Last edited:

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Same here. I'm fairly close to leaving Sprint and never buying another non-Nexus/HTC ever again.

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The fix to their problem is simple, make your best phone and bring it out on Verizon first. They have the most customers and therefore the most buying potential. But the best solution would be a double release each year. A phone that's a major step forward each spring, say the last Friday in April. Make that a staple every year so people get used to it. Then say the last Friday of October every year a small update to that phone. Say taking the CPU from 1.2 to 1.5GHz and new OS but that's it. No camera or chip upgrades, just a simple update/upgrade. Make these staples so people get used to them and they can plan on the next big thing, plus every 6 months you have arguably the best phone on the market, that in itself is marketing

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm nervous about htc not keeping up with Sammy ,regarding jb update and the lack of love for this badass evo that's what I'm nervous about

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone! Some people are just never happy. HTC is a great company but they are still launching and planning on launching many new high end phones.
If u get a replacement and it still sucks chances are its the service where you live or just a case of a customer who is never happy. These threads freaking out about HTC and or evo 4g lte bashing about how it's a paper weight are absured. Most complaints are people that bought the phone and aren't even in a 4G area and should of stayed with the OG evo till 4G launched. Smh

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
HTC's sales are down, but they are still turning a profit. There not going anywhere. Like management has said they are going to concentrate their efforts in other markets.

That being said, as much as I've loved my OG EVO and my current EVO LTE, they're just taking way to long to upgrade. Plus with less interest in the brand in general (state side)it seems the development community isn't really behind the devices either. My next device sadly with either be a Nexus or possibly Samsung.

B3RTB

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
My HTC is working wonderfully. Maybe you got one from a bad batch.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy