Contact Storage running constantly

keoni8888

May 22, 2010
Visit site
On a stock Evo 4G LTE I keep seeing contact storage running. I noticed that a lot of data was being transferred constantly and my battery draining. I checked the running processes and see contact storage taking 40% to 90% of the processor. I have disabled contact sync on all accounts and it is still happening. I have also tried disabling sync in general so I do not think it has to do with that. I am also experiencing symptoms of taking a long time to identify the contact attached to callers, to dial the phone number when clicking on a contact, and taking a very long time when writing a text message and toying the contact's name in to the address - it will take up to a minute to resolve the contact. I have about 300 contacts in Gmail - nothing unusual as far as the contents of each.

I had this issue in the past and performed a factory reset. It seemed better for a few days and then the symptoms started again. I have also tried clearing out contact storage and letting it sync again. This also seems to help for a bit and then it goes downhill again.

I have no idea how to further troubleshoot and identify what is causing Contact Storage to run so much. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

John

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is a well documented issue. It is the "Android Core Apps", of which Contact Storage is one of them.

Something got introduced with the last update that is causing this issue. We will just have to wait for the next update to fix this (and most likely break something else).

jd99

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Identical issue just cropped up on Motorola Droid 3. No idea what triggered. Appears to be no work around ?
Thanks

G_Rocks

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
This issue just popped up on my Galaxy S3 in the past couple of days. I didn't do anything (load anything, remove anything, etc)....assuming my employer who manages security on my device either downloaded a security update OR there was a firmware update.

In any case the symptoms are that my contacts in TouchDown constantly are recycling (i.e. being found, processed and listed, then removed and the process starts again). This kills my battery in about 5 hours since the system is always awake. I don't know what to do and my IT dept is stumped.

Is there any new work-arounds or fixes for this issue?? I had to make some emergency calls this afternoon and couldn't get to my contacts - bad situation!

Help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae