Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No custom ringtones after update

A while back my wife's EVOLTE had an update - so I updated it for her. Ever since she is not able to assign custom ringtones to contacts in her contacts list(s). This is rather frustrating for her. I don't personally use custom ringtones, but she had about 15 for different people so she could know who was calling without digging her phone out of her bag. Someone please tell me there is a fix for this. And, I have already tried a full reset with no luck.

Default Re: No custom ringtones after update

There was an update after that to fix this, and it fixed it for me. Check to see if you have another update.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Her phone says it has no updates.

According to some posts in Sprint's EVO LTE forum, the most recent update - meant to fix a problem with custom contact ringtones - was pulled because it created the problem in some cases; guessing your wife's phone was one of those victims. And of course no word yet on any new updates.

It's possible a knowledgeable Sprint tech could revert her phone to a pre-update state. Might be worth a call or visit to find out. Hope you find a solution!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by bc2k View Post
    According to some posts in Sprint's EVO LTE forum, the most recent update - meant to fix a problem with custom contact ringtones - was pulled because it created the problem in some cases; guessing your wife's phone was one of those victims. And of course no word yet on any new updates.

It's possible a knowledgeable Sprint tech could revert her phone to a pre-update state. Might be worth a call or visit to find out. Hope you find a solution!
    A new service center opened today just down the road from my house. I'll swing by tonight, thanks!