1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3G Speed Diminishes

It seems that over time, my EVO will seem to lose 3g speeds. It goes from getting about 150 kbps to around dial up speeds. Restarting the phone returns the phone back to the original speeds, but this needs to be done everyday. Os there any way I can exchange this phone for a different model if the problem persists because I don't even want to deal with the refurbished models if I exchange this.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Carbon ROM / Komodo-31

Default Re: 3G Speed Diminishes

Download "3g reconnect" and see if that helps. Basically all it does it scan for a new tower if the signal gets too low (threshold set by you or the system). And on that note...if it's Sprints towers combined with the area you're in you may be out of luck.

Default Re: 3G Speed Diminishes

Also the icons that represent 3G and 4G arent set correctly. If your device is stuck on 1x it is still represented as 3G. When in fact your not on 3G, yout on 1xrtt data service..
    I used a widget called Signal Monitor. It would show 1x and my data speeds were abysmal.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+