jelly update??

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
HTC refuses to confirm or deny the Evo LTE getting Jellybean, so there is really nothing to discuss...

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I still maintain that the 3D is useless as an upgrade speed benchmark. GB to ICS was a major upgrade that requires a lot of work. ICS to JB only adds on to what's already there for the most part, there's no huge programming difference.
As far as when we'll see it, probably a couple weeks after it rolls out to the One X. I'm still betting that it'll be this year.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Why does it feel like were asking the CIA for UFO evidence when we ask Sprint/HTC about evo software updates? Its just a stupid phone, not the cure for cancer Sprint/HTC.

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I just heard the reviewer say in the One X+ video review that HTC was going to get the jellybean update out for the one x series shortly after the One X+ launch, so hopefully that would mean the EvoLte would be shortly after.....right???

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see it. I also heard that Unicorns fart rainbows. I won't believe that until I see it either. SPRINT/HTC is in no hurry to send this upgrade out. HTC is broke and SPRINT just borrowed a boatload of money. Neither one of them want to expend the resources to update old product. When is the last time a SPRINT phone got an OS upgrade? It's like they're over trying to compete with the SIII and the OneX phones and just want to get on with life. It (the JB upgrade) may happen, but only if it's almost free to do so and they damn sure aren't in any hurry to do so if it costs money.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
There's almost no chance that the EvoLTE won't get the JB upgrade. You said it yourself, HTC and Sprint have both been doing kind of badly money wise, the last thing they want is to generate bad PR by not updating phones, especially phones that are less than 6 months old. So far we've gotten major OTA's a couple weeks after the One X gets them, after all the One X is the more popular flagship so they develop for it first then port it to the Evo as it runs on almost identical hardware. It'll be the same for the JB update, my bet is that they'll roll that out shortly after the One X+ release, which should be in time for the holiday season. Ideally we'll see the update before new years, but I doubt it'll be much longer than that.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Lil21kev

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I live in LA and trust me LTE is coming. A few weeks ago I got 4G in Marina Del Rey and just last night I was by Fairfax and Melrose (Near the Grove) and got 4G. When I talked to the sprint rep when I was considering getting a Note 2 she told me the official roll out would be Nov 19th so we shall see!!!!! But on this subject... I'm done with HTC I tried to give them a chance and they keep acting as if this is armature hour. For a smaller company that wants to do well and Joint he Ranks of Samsung and Apple it sure isnt doing itself any favors by not upgrading phones quickly and keeping the bugs out of its phones. I'm pretty sure the EVO LTE is my last HTC phone

SamsungSucks

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Why does it feel like were asking the CIA for UFO evidence when we ask Sprint/HTC about evo software updates? Its just a stupid phone, not the cure for cancer Sprint/HTC.

It's because they want to sell One X+'s. If they spent their time worrying about old phone updates no one would upgrade. You should know by now phone companies don't give a crap about you after you buy a phone. Also you should know that with Android phones that unless you have a major bug you won't see many updates. It's been that way with every Android phone that I have had no matter who made it or the carrier.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh lte is definitely coming it just depends on when they want to officialy roll it out here

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
It's because they want to sell One X+'s. If they spent their time worrying about old phone updates no one would upgrade. You should know by now phone companies don't give a crap about you after you buy a phone. Also you should know that with Android phones that unless you have a major bug you won't see many updates. It's been that way with every Android phone that I have had no matter who made it or the carrier.

I may be wrong but I don't think the one x+ is coming to Sprint, so why would they need to sell more of those than the Evo LTE??

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how everyone acts like the ƎVOs never get updates. I've had all 3 of them (I don't count that tiny one!) and they get updated like crazy. It isn't always an OS upgrade every time, but they do get updated more frequently than any other device I know of. My wife and kids LGs and Sammys get updated every time there is a solar eclipse, so I'm not complaining at all. We have a OneX. They're getting updated, so will we.

Last edited:

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
for the love of God people just root the damn thing I have an original evo type phone for at&t they want you to buy more they will get to it but only when they see fit!! So root and put custom software plus do you know how hard it is to get a proper compilation of the software to hardware where it runs smoothly? Takes time each oasp update is the is configured for the nexus device's hardware meaning hardware acceleration is tuned to that chip set and radios it takes a lot of patients plus once they get the root is optimized then they have to re skin it sigh go talk to developers and ask them and they'll tell you the same thing

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)