Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ciege
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issue with text message sound when connected to bluetooth

When my phone hooks up to my car through bluetooth all the audio (that should be) is sent to the car as expected. I have no issues listening to my music or having a phone conversation.

My issue is that when I am connected to bluetooth, and a text message comes in, the audio (text message ringtone) is played via the phone but it stutters quite badly. I would expect the text message sound to come from the phone (as it does) but I don't expect it to stutter the way it does. When the phone is not connect via bluetooth the text message sound plays as it should with no stutters at all...

Anyone experienced anything similar and/or have ideas as to how to address this issue?

Thanks!

Default Re: Issue with text message sound when connected to bluetooth

I have a similar issue where it will play tone on phone then on my bluetooth in my ear extremely loud. I haven't found a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciege View Post
    When my phone hooks up to my car through bluetooth all the audio (that should be) is sent to the car as expected. I have no issues listening to my music or having a phone conversation.

My issue is that when I am connected to bluetooth, and a text message comes in, the audio (text message ringtone) is played via the phone but it stutters quite badly. I would expect the text message sound to come from the phone (as it does) but I don't expect it to stutter the way it does. When the phone is not connect via bluetooth the text message sound plays as it should with no stutters at all...

Anyone experienced anything similar and/or have ideas as to how to address this issue?

Thanks!
    I'm having the same issue. It doesn't happen 100% of the time but often enough to be annoying.

Sent from ASUS Transformer TF101 via Android Central Forums App.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Every since the JB update this issue magically resolved itself for me. No hard reset or anything, just applied the update and all was golden.
    TonyLibations likes this.