Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  • 1 Post By zmann
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Putting music on my 32gb sd card with what program/app?

I just bought a 32 gb sd card for my HTC Evo 4g lte. I have been able to put the the songs on my card but I don't know how to create playlists and which app do use which would be the easiest. I've tried music, play music, and double twist. I am having problems with each so hopefully someone can better explain one to me so that I can use it effectively. I do not want to stream this music. I want it instantly accessible on my sd card that I can organize into playlists.

Could some one please explain to me which app is best for me to use? Thank you.

Default Re: Putting music on my 32gb sd card with what program/app?

I'd recommend Apollo, it's the music player from CM9, but you can install it like any other app with the apk. UI wise it's like an upgraded version of Google Play Music, pretty great stuff. Playlist creation is easy in it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I would prefer using one of the main apps I just mentioned but given an in depth guide on how to add playlists on the sd card and having the music put on those playlists.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I use play music. I do my play lists from the computer and they are sync'd to my phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Zookeeper63 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It is my understanding play music streams music. I do not want to stream in case of poor connection. I want it on my sd card.

Quote Originally Posted by professor75 View Post
    It is my understanding play music streams music. I do not want to stream in case of poor connection. I want it on my sd card.
    You can pin the albums or song on play music app and it will keep the music on your phone so you don't have to stream it from the Internet. Keeps your music local on your phone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have heard of this technique but I want to put the songs specifically on my sd card, not on the phone's internal memory.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

That is where mine is

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    That is where mine is

Where is it? On the sd card? Could you explain which app you're using and how you did it please?

Quote Originally Posted by professor75 View Post
    I use Google Music and store nothing on card. Yes it's streaming but it also gives you plenty of space within the app to store music to listen to off line. Right now I have 20 play list with about 30 songs per list all available off line.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    smalldice likes this.

With double twist you do the same thing, just long press on a song and press add to playlist. It's the same process on basically everything.

Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,669 Global Posts

I don't even really understand the point of a playlist. And you don't need an "application" to put music on your phone. I just copy several thousand mp3 files onto nested directories on the SD card then then use the music player. Most of the time I just play all in random/shuffle. If it plays something I am not in the mood for, I just click "next" (cue). Occasionally I will select a single song to play or a single artist or a single album... all very easy to do with the stock Sense music player.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I don't even really understand the point of a playlist.

How can someone not understand the point of play list. I have play list for different moods. Soft rock /hard rock /jazz/classical /etc. I listen to only what I am in the mood for and when you have over 5000 songs play list make life much easier.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,669 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    How can someone not understand the point of play list. I have play list for different moods. Soft rock /hard rock /jazz/classical /etc. I listen to only what I am in the mood for and when you have over 5000 songs play list make life much easier.
    I do have almost 5000 songs on each device. I guess I am rarely in the mood for just one thing, I like it all. But there are particular things I might not want to hear, and I just use "next" as a "tilt" button.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

You don't have to download any app to do so just use the music app that comes on the phone it works fine for me

I use the stock app.. I started out by hitting the 3 ( ... ) on a song I liked, you add to playlist here there... Create a new one as often as you like... You can pin playlists to your homescreens too, for faster load up