How to get amazing battery life

SpencerHTC

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Before I begin, let me say that for a while, my EVO seemed to have less than desirable battery life. I found that the cause of this was that while I was in school, my phone would only receive a signal about 10% of the time. I found that switching off my navigation and auto-sync during times where I was in a dead zone dramatically increased my battery life. I know this seems obvious, but its the best way to increase battery life. Btw, today I got 4 hours of screen-on time and I still have room left to go.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have auto sync off always. I have not ever run into an issue where I need it on. I don't push my emails. I treat email like real mail,, if I want to know if I have mail I go and check. Any app that has push notifications I leave them off. Just like mail, if I want to see what someone said on Facebook I go check. I take the same approach with all apps. I think I would smash this thing if it was beeping every 5 mins. I get at least 12 hours of steady use.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

SpencerHTC

May 25, 2012
Visit site
When I turn auto-sync off, I still receive notifications. However they are only coming from Facebook.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have auto sync off always. I have not ever run into an issue where I need it on. I don't push my emails. I treat email like real mail,, if I want to know if I have mail I go and check. Any app that has push notifications I leave them off. Just like mail, if I want to see what someone said on Facebook I go check. I take the same approach with all apps. I think I would smash this thing if it was beeping every 5 mins. I get at least 12 hours of steady use.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

+1 Amen on that

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
just got this phone. loving it so far.

question re battery life - battery is dropping like 5-10% per hour. from what i have been reading about the battery life, i would think it should be much less. i usually keep wi-fi and bluetooth on all the time. gps is off. have 3 gmails accounts, 2 yahoos, but those are only updating every 4 hours. during the day, i am mostly using it for some texting, a few calls, but nothing very heavy. wondering if the battery is going faster than it should be.

if more info is needed for a better answer i'd be happy to provide.

thx.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

question re battery life - battery is dropping like 5-10% per hour. from what i have been reading about the battery life, i would think it should be much less. i usually keep wi-fi and bluetooth on all the time. gps is off. have 3 gmails accounts, 2 yahoos, but those are only updating every 4 hours. during the day, i am mostly using it for some texting, a few calls, but nothing very heavy. wondering if the battery is going faster than it should be.

thx.

You should go through your apps and check for ones that active check for notifications. The biggest culprits are social network, weather, and some games. They usually default to checking every five minutes which can impact your battery pretty heavily if you don't have a strong data connection. Most apps turn on these active notifications when you install them.

benga

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
One app: Easy Battery Saver. This thing extends your battery to double or triple life depending on the settings you choose. Initially the phone would last me 6 - 8hrs, but once i got Easy Battery, i always had 40 - 60% battery remaining at night on 16 hour days. it gets annoying sometimes but it's done it's job the best.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

thx.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/180871-do-not-use-best-wi-fi-performance.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech