Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Does Anyone Still Use The FM Radio Tuner?

I use FM radio at least several times a week.:beer::thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

As much as Albuquerque sucks, it does have a fair number of radio stations. If you include the ones carrying garbage from south of the border, it has a lot of stations. I don't want to stream music because I have limited bandwidth, and radio is free and doesn't necessarily have to be digital. I like switching through stations until I find something I haven't heard before. Then if I like it, I get the MP3. So yes, I do still use FM. The question now is can I get it working on my Galaxy Note II?

FM Radio app cam on a NeoBox smart phone. great app. when tv, internet, wireless and cells go down in bad wx only radio fm or am RADIO can help keep you informed and safe. wish it had am since fm has shorter range.
    Would like to find the apk to install on all my android devices.
    TuneIn is great streaming radio. lots of choices but streaming is useless in power emergencies. radio stations are required to have back up power so they are on 24/7 regardless of WX.
    FCC should require am/fm tuners in ALL phones. Like 911 calls on all phones regardless of service.
    TonyLibations likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_F_Sylvan View Post
    FM Radio app cam on a NeoBox smart phone. great app. when tv, internet, wireless and cells go down in bad wx only radio fm or am RADIO can help keep you informed and safe. wish it had am since fm has shorter range.
    Would like to find the apk to install on all my android devices.
    TuneIn is great streaming radio. lots of choices but streaming is useless in power emergencies. radio stations are required to have back up power so they are on 24/7 regardless of WX.
    FCC should require am/fm tuners in ALL phones. Like 911 calls on all phones regardless of service.
    Here you are, sir.

If this was helpful, hit 'Thanks' and enjoy!

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NO CLUE TO THIS CONCEPT.
    The antenna is your headset cord, its a true rf FM radio,I loved it on my old HTC and no internet required. I could see a use in emergency etc... I miss it, guess it depends on where you live and if you have a local station you like?
    Last edited by mlbbch; 02-14-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Yes indeed I do use it. It was broken for me after the 4.1 update bit then the bug fix update a few weeks ago fixed it. Glad to have it back.

Exclamation Re: Does Anyone Still Use The FM Radio Tuner?

Everything one changes over to cost money. It may be stone age buy it still selling advertising and many people still use radio as it was known in our stone age. Just like no one liked vinyl, it is still the second best formate next to original tape. Just recorded better detail that has been lost over the ages in computer restructure. While it is faster it is not better. Vinyl still sounds better when you have the perfect set up to listen to music. Radio FM still has a place unless you have the money to be forking out to listen to just music. The advertising buyers pay for FM radio and hope to get listeners to buy their product. In reality we all pay in the products so you pay for them as well for the stone age stations when you buy products anywhere! Digital FM will be here for some time and analog radio still here also. Do you realize how many people are in this country that have not converted. MIllions!!! They are still breaking stones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12